AudioBus Now available for Neo-Soul Keys for iPad

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gospel Musicians releases Neo-Soul Keys version 1.2 for the iPad and it features AudioBus, Virtual MIDI, and other improvements.

New Features:

- Audiobus Support.
- MIDI channels filter for each synth to be able to assign MIDI channels.
- Virtual MIDI support.
- Latency can be adjusted for each synth.
- Option to enable or disable background audio even when iPad is in sleep mode
or locked.
- The samples for the Stage EP synth have been improved.
- Improved realism of release decay.
- In-App purchases can now be made without leaving the synth.
- Option to disable mechanical effects to reduce CPU load.
- New mechanical release equation to decay over time like a real
electromechanical EP does.
- New Barks in phase with Sustain to eliminate phasing.

Bug Fixes:

- The app doesn't lose or become muted when another audio app is open.
- Interruptions handled more robustly.
- MIDI dump contains more information for troubleshooting.
- The effects algorithms are more efficient and takes up less CPU.
- Fixed bugs with MIDI Learn and made it more efficient.
- When activating preset, the window now closes automatically

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gvVABxEB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-POQT_hbg

Neo-Soul Keys version 1.2 is available in the Apple App store now.
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Great release! Now it's perfect for my live performances

carpenzano wrote:Great release! Now it's perfect for my live performances
Thanks my friend!

Thanks to GM for the update. The Stage is very playable now and the extra features are very useful: Audiobus, the mechanical noise switch, MIDI... all very welcome!

I'm not sure I like the Chorus as much as the one in the previous version, but that could be me. It's hard to compare without both in front of you, but I seem to remember the sound as sweeter in the previous version.

At any rate, it's becoming obvious that an iPad 4 is pretty much required to get the max out of this app AND Audiobus with other concurrent apps. It's mentioned in the videos that the samples are compressed: I assume it's necessary because the uncompressed sample lib is larger than 512 megs? I was wondering how much CPU the decompression uses.

At any rate: nice update! And many thanks to GM for listening. :)

First thanks for the support. We usually try to fix things that make sense and try to make our customers happy. The bottom line is that we are musicians and the music takes priority.

As far as the compression.......I think you may be thinking that the the compressed format is, somhow, decompressed and that is not the case. If that were the case, then the iPad 2 would never work as the total amount of sample RAM is about 1GB. The iPad, along with other Apple products actually reads the compressed files natively without decompressing, so that is not the issue at all.

If you are disappointed in not getting all of the mechanical effects, low latency, and running other apps in the background along with AudioBus, then no way will the iPad 2 be able to keep up.

It's one of those tradeoffs that we as audio guys make all the time with plugins and latency. It will always be the case. Now if you are willing to turn off the mechanical FX and just use the sustain sound, I would humbly say that even our sustain sounds as good as any other EP library out there for sure.

Also, we are working on the iPhone version as well, and the newer iPhones actually have better processor than the iPad 2's.

As far as the Chorus goes....We have some very big things coming for that.
Breeze wrote:Thanks to GM for the update. The Stage is very playable now and the extra features are very useful: Audiobus, the mechanical noise switch, MIDI... all very welcome!

I'm not sure I like the Chorus as much as the one in the previous version, but that could be me. It's hard to compare without both in front of you, but I seem to remember the sound as sweeter in the previous version.

At any rate, it's becoming obvious that an iPad 4 is pretty much required to get the max out of this app AND Audiobus with other concurrent apps. It's mentioned in the videos that the samples are compressed: I assume it's necessary because the uncompressed sample lib is larger than 512 megs? I was wondering how much CPU the decompression uses.

At any rate: nice update! And many thanks to GM for listening. :)

GospelMusicians wrote:As far as the compression....
I wasn't complaining. Just wondering what made the compromises necessary. Thanks for the info.

Well without the compression it would have been about 1.25 GB and impossible to load on any iOS device.

The term Lossless refers to the fact that you can compress the audio samples down a great deal, but still won't sacrifice in the quality of what you hear.
Breeze wrote:
GospelMusicians wrote:As far as the compression....
I wasn't complaining. Just wondering what made the compromises necessary. Thanks for the info.

I noticed on the Stage EP last night that the notes Bb-D above middle C (or perhaps an octave above that) seem to cut out pretty quickly when played at a high velocity. No sustain. They just cut out. All the notes around those are find. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Ian

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”