is there a way to get midi out from ios garageband? Or easily export the midi file?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really loving the smart instruments in IOS garageband, and I'm wondering if there is a way to either export the midi, or send the mid out and use it like a controller.

Anyone know?

If not, is there something similar to the smart instruments out there? I have thumb jam, it's close, but not the same as the smart instruments.

Thanks,

dw

I bet there's someone here that uses a sequencer app to drive Garageband so the midi could be exported, but I don't personally use any.

I do love the Garageband smart instrument interface though. Espescially the strings with all the little tricks for pizzicatto etc.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

I wonder if there is anything else like the Garage Band smart instruments.

Man, I want to trigger my VST's like that.

dw

Well you could load it into GB on the mac then extract the midi with something like MIdiO....
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:Well you could load it into GB on the mac then extract the midi with something like MIdiO....
yep.

dw

dusted william wrote:I wonder if there is anything else like the Garage Band smart instruments.

dw
Check out Guitarism. For guitar at least, this is a really great program that may well be better than the Garageband smart instruments. :-)

--Sean

P.S. Midi, custom chords, and various guitar sound sets are coming too. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:
dusted william wrote:I wonder if there is anything else like the Garage Band smart instruments.

dw
Check out Guitarism. For guitar at least, this is a really great program that may well be better than the Garageband smart instruments. :-)

--Sean

P.S. Midi, custom chords, and various guitar sound sets are coming too. :-)
Thanks!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”