How many midi interface on a cck ?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't try as I have only a single one that's compatible. I need 3-4 ports. Is this possible, using a hub off course?

mbncp wrote:Can't try as I have only a single one that's compatible. I need 3-4 ports. Is this possible, using a hub off course?
I haven't tried yet, but I think so, provided that the hub is powered.

I only have a short cck so not many.
I have trouble fitting one really.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

carpenzano wrote:
mbncp wrote:Can't try as I have only a single one that's compatible. I need 3-4 ports. Is this possible, using a hub off course?
I forgot I had 2 old nanokontrol taking dust, and I was able to get them and a prodipe cable to show up on the ipad.

I have an 8x8, a 5x5 and a 4x4 interfaces and none of them are compatible grrr...

Right now I have my gear connected from the 8x8 to a netbook running bidule, then I would use the 5x5 to connect to 3 or 4 midi cable connected to the cck. A bit of a mess.

Can't wait for these http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus , then I could jut connect all my gear and forget the netbook.

Btw, can an app create multiple virtual midi ports ? The idea is to create an app that always shows some ports that the hardware is connected or not, this to prevent cubasis or other apps to screw up everything when the hardware is not present.

mbncp wrote:
carpenzano wrote:
I forgot I had 2 old nanokontrol taking dust, and I was able to get them and a prodipe cable to show up on the ipad.

I have an 8x8, a 5x5 and a 4x4 interfaces and none of them are compatible grrr...

Right now I have my gear connected from the 8x8 to a netbook running bidule, then I would use the 5x5 to connect to 3 or 4 midi cable connected to the cck. A bit of a mess.

Can't wait for these http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus , then I could jut connect all my gear and forget the netbook.

Btw, can an app create multiple virtual midi ports ? The idea is to create an app that always shows some ports that the hardware is connected or not, this to prevent cubasis or other apps to screw up everything when the hardware is not present.
Take a look at MidiBridge at http://www.audeonic.com/#midibridge

Check out MIDI Bridge:

http://www.audeonic.com/

It's for routing MIDI from one interface or app to another on iOS.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Thanks, I do have MIDIBridge, but it shows only one midibridge virtual port that's why I was wondering if an ios app could create only a single virtual midi port.

And to be honnest I find it a bit limited, it got better with the new version but still far away to fill all my needs, that's why I will give 100$ a year to some small company so I can code my own app on their inexpensive devices ;)

Most of my gear uses a single channel so they could fit on a single port with some channel remapping, but for the virus, motif,.. I would like to keep them multitimbral. Oh well, I can always create multiple instances of the app, but then again, it get's messy.

mbncp wrote:Thanks, I do have MIDIBridge, but it shows only one midibridge virtual port that's why I was wondering if an ios app could create only a single virtual midi port.
Yes, an iOS app can create multiple virtual ports. The only app I know of (app store) that does this is JACK. It does tend to get somewhat confusing for the average user (having multiple virtual ports), so probably why not many apps do this?

Also, you can connect multiple class-compliant USB MIDI devices via CCK and a hub and they will all show up in CoreMIDI.
mbncp wrote: And to be honnest I find it a bit limited, it got better with the new version but still far away to fill all my needs, that's why I will give 100$ a year to some small company so I can code my own app on their inexpensive devices ;)
Oh well... ;-)
Regards, Nic (Audeonic Apps).

Thanks Nic, good to know, and don't take it wrong, MIDIBridge is really good and I do use it, it's just that I'm used to Bidule running also a couple instances of a scripting plug that can do pretty much anything with windows and midi, and would love at some point to have all that on the ipad.

In the meantime I would love to have multiple midibridge ports, as an in-app purchase. :)
Or make midibridge jack compatible and add a few midibridge clones in the store so we can have multiple instances running in jack, let's say 4 of them would be a good start.

And while you are here, when splitting the keyboard, is there a way to transpose each split by 2-3 octaves up or down, I didn't figure a way to do it with the new module.

@mbncp no offense taken!

You are the very first person to ever ask about wanting multiple virtual ports for MidiBridge. I despise in-app purchases so if I add it in (could be a little tricky) it would be no extra charge. I'm not sure Apple would appreciate multiple MidiBridge clones. Think there is some clause in their 'guidelines' (fixed rules) that disallows this. I'm considering JACK compatibility, but it is admittedly a low priority right now.

Transposing individual splits using the Stream Byter? Really fiddly, but possible. You need one extra rule for every note in your split and you have to do some voodoo with an indirect channel to prevent same note being transposed more than once. Say your split was C1 to B1 to MIDI channel 2 like so:

NX 24-2F = X1 # split C1 to B1 to MIDI channel 2

Replace that with the following to transpose that split down an octave

NX 24-2F = XF # temporarily map to channel 16
NF 24 = X1 18 # transpose C1 to C0
NF 25 = X1 19 # Bb1 to Bb0
NF 26 = X1 1A
NF 27 = X1 1B
NF 28 = X1 1C
NF 29 = X1 1D
NF 2A = X1 1E
NF 2B = X1 1F
NF 2C = X1 20
NF 2D = X1 21
NF 2E = X1 22
NF 2F = X1 23 # B1 to B0

I did not have this in mind when designing the Stream Byter language (!), but at least you only have to do this once and save as a preset to use again. I may add some simple maths expressions in a future version; someone else has asked for that. I haven't tested the above - just a theory for now.

or you just add a transpose via the Note Mapper on the output port where MIDI channel 1 is playing?
Regards, Nic (Audeonic Apps).

Thanks, that should do the trick, didn't think of that LOL

Reminds me a script I wrote years ago and that someone just bumped the other day ( http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=20541 ) .
Quoting myself
if you need to add a chord just ask, takes 2 msec here

I'm glad nobody ever asked, I would be in deep trouble :oops:

werp wrote:I only have a short cck so not many.
I have trouble fitting one really.
I get loads of Spam claiming to help with those kind of things...

Rimshot!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”