Alchemy Mobile Updated to v2.0.18

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alchemy Mobile v2.0.18 provides support for the general pasteboard so you can easily paste audio into Garageband and other non-ACP apps. Also included are a new manual to help you get the most from all its features both old and new, as well as additional improvements:
  • • Copy/Paste to Garageband and other non-ACP apps
    • New Manual makes learning easy - see Extra->Help
    • Improved handling of looped audio
    • Improved background rendering
    • Various other improvements and fixes
Recently released, Himalaya: Vintage for Alchemy Mobile offers an authentic vintage vibe and playability with squelchy basses, rich multi-layered pads, cutting synths and shimmering strings. Classic synths include the Mellotron, Solina and Oberheim. It's out now as an in-app purchase for just 4.99 USD / 3.99 EUR / 2.99 GBP.

Available from the App Store

Watch the Alchemy Mobile Video

Downloading now! Good one. I love this app.

Got to buy the new sound bank too from Himalaya.

:D
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I bought the Himalaya pack after the last update. There are lot of classic sounds here. I wish more of the CS-80 sounds had been included in the mobile version, for the price it's hard to complain.

Thanks for the update. Will you be adding midi clock sync slave / master anytime soon?
Cheers
:)

---I really like these new sounds but as with the other sound packages I've bought for the iPad Alchemy how do you know what you're going to get when you buy them? Unless there's an iPad place to audition the sounds that you'll actually be buying then you really don't know do you?
Yes, I understand that it's only $4.99 but unless it's free don't we deserve to know what we're getting before we pay our money? Also, yes I do understand the memory constraints with the iPad as opposed to the computer version but still it's going to be good but it's still caveat emptor isn't it?

Thanks for the feedback.

@Scott - we'll be working on iOS specific preset demos in the very near future.
dixie237 wrote:Will you be adding midi clock sync slave / master anytime soon?
We're considering this for a future update but can't make any promises. I'm quite keen to see this implemented as well :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
dixie237 wrote:Will you be adding midi clock sync slave / master anytime soon?
We're considering this for a future update but can't make any promises. I'm quite keen to see this implemented as well :)

Peace,
Andy.
Thanks for reply Andy. It would certainly, with the onboard sequencer, add some deserved extra power to the app.
Cheers
D

---Thanks. I bought several of the packages and I know each one has its own merits but for my taste I have to say that this one (Himalaya) really and truly rocks! The ethereal background sounds are very cool but for my band use these do the trick.
About the demos...
What we're getting is worth the money and a lot more in some cases, it's just that when you listen to the demos and you hear these great sounds only to find out that they weren't included in what you bought? Fussing aside...I hope whoever did these vintage sounds will consider porting over some more and maybe some guitars that aren't mangled or anything.
Before I forget to ask...is it possible to layer some of these sounds on the iPad?

Scott Murrell wrote:I hope whoever did these vintage sounds will consider porting over some more...
I would very happily purchase a second (mobile) installment of the same original sound pack.

The Vintage sounds were created by Himalaya, who it's safe to say is a sound design guru. Hopefully we'll be able to make more of his sounds available in the future.
is it possible to layer some of these sounds on the iPad?
The only way to layer sounds at present is by recording to multiple tracks. There just isn't enough CPU power to have more than a single Alchemy engine running at the same time, but that might change if / when the iPad becomes more powerful.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

---Thanks for the quick replies and I second that emotion, I'd gladly buy a second edition of his sounds, the guy is talented!!
Okay stupid idea and not an original one...
What if you had an area dedicated to nothing but sounds where a person (say a keyboard player named Scott for instance could choose a la carte the sounds they wanted to buy and custom make their own banks? These sounds could be sounds that would work on an iPad. Instead of buying multiple banks that might contain one or two sounds that fit a person's needs that person could choose....A long time ago the Guitar Center had this kiosk that had all of these samples on it and now you can buy singles off of iTunes so you buy what you like. The downside...As with songs sometimes you don't like something at first listen and might grow to like it as you listen to it but that's why complete banks would still be available also...
Just thinking...

Someday when we're able to pick sounds from Alchemy, SampleTank, GB, iMini, etc..and customer make our own banks using different apps then it will be very cool!

I think a la carte sounds would be great, because space is limited on many iPads (including mine). I had to delete sampletank free for now because even though the pick j bass sound was proving very useful for me in a live show, the nearly 1gb sampletank takes up with sounds I haven't purchased was eating up too much space. Beatmaker is like that for me as well. I've had alchemy constantly on and off my ipad for the same reason. I'll be getting a new iPad sometime in the near future, which will help.
Still, a la carte from many manufacturers would be killer. Regardless, alchemy sounds amazing. That's why it keeps going back on the iPad...

---In a live setting switching from Alchemy to Sampletank to GB etc...is not very efficient. There's just not enough time during or between songs to do this and until Audiobus allows for saving set ups that's not practical, all of these great resources and an inability to access them live... :(
P.s.- if the news things coming out involve Audiobus then oh well it's good for some people I guess.

Yes, that's true. Alchemy doesn't fit into what I do live, but it may for others. I'm a bassist, so I do some things on synth bass or cover leads in newer dance songs that often have no actual bass part. My novation xio covers a lot of ground, then I use my ipad and irig keys to play two parts at once, hence sampletank's bass sounds. Actually, sampletank would cover a lot of ground for me, I just wish that all sounds were not pre-installed then unlocked. However, as you and I have shared the trials of early imini issues, I'm happy to report that it has been really stable now and sounds unbelievably good through subwoofers! I wish I was a better keyboardist to really take advantage of it!
Actually though, aside from imini, which still only does omni midi right now, loading up separate programs and assigning each to a midi channel would help switch quickly. Of course, since imini and alchemy both require lots of resources, this isn't quite possible yet but it will be in the future as the iPad gets more powerful.
I'm definitely looking forward to an upgrade. Sorry to derail the post a bit, but it's related enough I guess!

Yes. I don't like switching apps live. I don't even like switching sounds within GB (too slow). I have been suggesting Alchemy implement Program Change. If we could create our own bank (kind of like favorites) and have it respond to Program Change will be VERY helpful. Even just implementing Program Change for whatever your current bank is so that you can use the Favorites bank. The problem is it won't load MY edited version of the sound. Version 2, though has been a leap forward on this by now allowing me to have four sounds loaded at once. You can quickly switch sounds by tapping the track tab. And these can be my own edited versions. I haven't yet used it live, but now with the 4-tracks, I am now starting to figure out appropriate sounds that will fit in with the songs.

Regarding Sampletank, it responds to Program Change and four individual MIDI channels (one MIDI channel per sound). As long as you program your MIDI controller, you can press a button on your keyboard to quickly change Sampletank to the appropriate sounds.

Thanks for the update! One remaining issue. I still see the 'Upgrade' on the "Luftrum Ambient" library and both the "Bonus" and "Pro Upgrade" popped back up with the 'Upgrade' notice as well.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”