iRig HD Now Available for iPhone, iPad and Mac

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:iRig accepts line input as well, simple as that. No tag team, no "crapping" just stating facts as I have previously here. HD is the name of the product, it is a high quality, high definition input device. You can read the specs on our web site, but that wouldn't really be as much fun as twisting words here at KVR, I totally understand.
Is the line in stereo? Where is the headphone out? Who's twisting words?
Competition is grand, I know we are seeing this happen in other manufacturers' own threads. Oh wait, it doesn't really but no biggie since there are those that see that we are simply here letting you know what our product is and what it does. Many appreciate it and hundreds of thousands consider our accessories and apps not shoddy in the least.
When Line 6, Apogee, etc. post threads, especially in the volume that IK does, we'll discuss and compare in those too.

Here's what happened, Peter. I mentioned the SonicPort (because it's quite relevant, being a DIRECT competitor), because this is a discussion forum. What I'm met with is primarily snarky comments from you guys, and/or defensive posts.

Perhaps discussion forums aren't the best forum for marketing of products? Maybe sticking to FB/G+/Twitter would be better from a social networking standpoint? Unlike other people here, I have zero problems with you guys posting about your stuff here. But you've got to be ready for constructive discussion, and that includes comparison to other products.

I don't agree with the other poster than IK products are shoddy, I just think that comparisons between them and other products are relevant.

I look forward to the actual reviews of these devices, and will pick the one that sounds best. After all, that's what matters most, right?

Have a nice day.

+1
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

I'm neither snarky nor defensive on this topic. My posts were both factual, I simply wanted to make sure it was clear that nobody can compare with something that isn't actually available to use and that there is line input on iRig HD and it seems to have sparked a legitimate question which I will answer separately so things don't get all confuzzled again. I'll take your advice under consideration, and I was in no way saying you were twisting words (I didn't quote a post, which is my bad as I replied to everything at once to keep it concise).
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: When you say it accepts line inputs, is the impedance matched for a guitar or typical line input?
It is definitely accepting a line input and handling it as such from specs, but I'm working to get you a much better explanation of how it works as specifically as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm neither snarky nor defensive on this topic. My posts were both factual, I simply wanted to make sure it was clear that nobody can compare with something that isn't actually available to use and that there is line input on iRig HD and it seems to have sparked a legitimate question which I will answer separately so things don't get all confuzzled again. I'll take your advice under consideration, and I was in no way saying you were twisting words (I didn't quote a post, which is my bad as I replied to everything at once to keep it concise).
As for comparisons of a product not yet released, that's not true. While we obviously can't compare sound quality of latency performance of the Sonicport, we can most definitely read specs of each device, no? In that regard, the Sonicport device definitely wins. However, we might all be coming back here in 90 days and saying "wow, the Sonicport has more IO, but the iRig HD definitely shines in terms of reliability and audio quality". Would that not make the better buy?

I look forward to hearing how the HD handles switching from guitar level to line level on the same input with no apparent selector switch, and if it's stereo or mono. That's a feature I'm genuinely interested in, seeing as how it would enable the connection of a small tube mic pre to the iPad.

Yes, of course you can compare specs. Plus, even including ours it is admittedly too hard to demo ANY of these units or have your own pre-sale shootout with your own setup (or very similar). That is something that I know is a sore point all around. Not like you see them opening the boxes in major retailers much, and that's why we try to have events like we're doing at Sam Ash and Guitar Center stores but that's certain local stores AND not the bigger non-music retailers. I feel the pain there. 100%. And not just because it affects us directly, it is just frustrating in general. On that note, I'd also love to demo iOS apps too, luckily we have a good community for music apps but I get remorse on some apps in other categories more than enough to make it a point of frustration.

------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Sounding (and looking) sexy as well (I know you have a beef with us but really? Only in an IK thread I suppose...):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMbqfCzrDE

no one seems to have it in guitar center or best buy yet. i guess online ordering is the only option right now?

vkgphil wrote:no one seems to have it in guitar center or best buy yet. i guess online ordering is the only option right now?
I will check but it landed at many dealers already (for release day). Please PM which GC and BB stores you had gone to or contacted and I'll get that info to our sales rep for them. Thanks!

vkgphil wrote:no one seems to have it in guitar center or best buy yet. i guess online ordering is the only option right now?
I would just buy from Sweetwater anyway. Better people to deal with, not idiots like GC.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRigHD

They've got it in stock right now.

Ok, Sonicport does look sexy. Looks better than my Apogee. I like the 1/4" output option too.

Competition is healthy and benefits us consumers.

Specs and detailed pictures are good to compare.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Yes, and I don't feel it inappropriate, since the conversation was opened up to this level, to point out that I don't see a multicolor LED signal indicator or on-device gain control in those other pictures - just to continue to make as fair and accurate a comparison as possible (as there were other legitimate differences pointed out already).

Well, iRig is a nice package for that price with all the connectors included to be sure.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Ok, Sonicport does look sexy. Looks better than my Apogee. I like the 1/4" output option too.

Competition is healthy and benefits us consumers.

Specs and detailed pictures are good to compare.
Agreed. Since this topic is on iRig HD and not SonicPort (Though its fine to compare) here are a few shots of iRig HDs sexyness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EqA5gTO13I
Last edited by ObiWonder on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”