Thesys for iPad is out now!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been waiting a while for this! It's in the App store now.
:D

The write-up in the App store is pretty vague. It does work with Audiobus as a source as well as Jack, but strangely it doesn't appear to support MIDI routing in Jack...or I just haven't figured it out yet which is entirely possible. I quickly got it controlling Animoog - what fun!

Did run into a strange bug...I was using the MIDI Studio keyboard to send midi to Thesys and sometimes it seemed to reset Thesys...no note data or audio. This required a restart of Thesys. The control channel for Midi Studio was channel 12... not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I've been using this on PC for a while and I'm quite happy to see it on iPad now..
Dave

I've been playing with it all day, and its a blast. Haven't tried it with the bus yet, but its been controlling all my daw synths without a problem.

Any other opinions on this? Does it work well?

frejahel wrote:Any other opinions on this? Does it work well?
Awesome, full midi.
Give it some chords, and see what falls out the other side.
Great fun, and can be used with your daw for a fraction of of the price of the plugin.

Awesome, thank you for the info! I may have to get this then :-). I have previous experience with Effectrix and Turnado as VST instruments (and bought Turnado for the IPad), and have already a very good impression of Sugar Bytes.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”