Hardware or VST's you want as an app

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd throw my money at:

u-he Zebra
Teenage Engineering OP-1
EastWest Symphonic Choirs
Native Instruments Kontakt
Native Instruments Battery

Ofcourse, patches should be 100% pc/mac/iOS compatible.

And more recent Reason devices. Propellerheads obviously knows what they're doing. Just look at Thor for iPad.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I would like to see Sugarbite's Wow filter

, I can't really think of a synth as such as the newer ones coming out for iOS lately are fairly capable especially THOR.
www.digitalresonance.co.uk Hight quality presets and Samples for Ios Synths and apps.

full:
Korg EMX1 + ESX1

(and no, iElectribe isnt good enough! ;) )

gamecat666 wrote:full:
Korg EMX1 + ESX1

(and no, iElectribe isnt good enough! ;) )
Agreed.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Fabfilter Twin2 as a plugin for Auria...

:wink:

Guitar Rig & Overloud TH2.

Synth1.

I may consider only something that it is usable on a small touchscreen; for example I think I would never buy something like Battery or Kontakt for any table platform because I'm afraid it would be very uncomfortable to edit things on such small touchscreens...

For some apps (like Kontakt), I think it would be better approach to offer a player-only app (with a few sensible controls, of course!) on tablet platforms, so you do all your programming on a pc and then you load the result on your tablet, so you can play it wherever you want.

Thor on iPad seems great (they seem to have learned from the Rebirth on iPhone/iPod experience...), I think I wouldn't go deeper than that at programming on a touchscreen device because I'm afraid of usability.

sin night wrote:Synth1.
I remember reading that it is top of the Japanese dev's to-do list. And that was a while ago...

sin night wrote:Synth1.

I may consider only something that it is usable on a small touchscreen; for example I think I would never buy something like Battery or Kontakt for any table platform because I'm afraid it would be very uncomfortable to edit things on such small touchscreens...

For some apps (like Kontakt), I think it would be better approach to offer a player-only app (with a few sensible controls, of course!) on tablet platforms, so you do all your programming on a pc and then you load the result on your tablet, so you can play it wherever you want.

Thor on iPad seems great (they seem to have learned from the Rebirth on iPhone/iPod experience...), I think I wouldn't go deeper than that at programming on a touchscreen device because I'm afraid of usability.
There's a lot of slick solutions for user interfaces on iPad.
I don't know what you mean when you say deep, or programming, but there's really not anything that can't be overcome.

A nice Moog 960 Dark Time equivalent, but done in such a way that rewards the touchscreen environment and not little knobs. Maybe it exists... Maybe?
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Great idea for a thread!

I know we have Epic Synth emulating the SH-101 but it only has a keyboard. I think a MC-202 emulation with a sequencer and Accents and Portamento would work really well on an iPad.
Alex

The Korg 01/wfd and Roland JV-1080 (with expansions as IAP, wouldn't that be nice?). I still use both. The 1080 takes up 2 spaces and would be nice if I didn't have to carry it anymore. I've considered getting the JV-1010. My Korg is getting old and the keys are sluggish so looking to replace it with a dedicated controller, but still find some sounds useful.

Yes, the Korg M1 and wavestations would be superb apps. There isn't a really decent workstation ROMpler on there at the moment, something to replace a Motif or Fantom etc. Hypersonic would be great. Presently the best thing is Bismark BS with a good soundfont library.

Roland won't join the party, forget it. However I'd bet that Korg have looked at, or are even developing, the Wavestation and M1 apps given the success they've had with the MS and Polysix.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

danbroad wrote: However I'd bet that Korg have looked at, or are even developing, the Wavestation and M1 apps given the success they've had with the MS and Polysix.
could well be likely, since theres a port of M1 on the Nintendo 3DS

I'd like to see a great classic multisampler--that's what the iPad REALLY needs! :-) I'd also like to see a good string ensemble synth that covers the classic strings. With a good sampler though, that could easily be covered. Kontakt would be great, but it doesn't have to be Kontakt for me to be happy with it. I just want a great high-quality sampler. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”