16gig ipad..how is it working out for you ??

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mrufino1 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
mrufino1 wrote:You'll be alright, as in you will not be physically hurt by getting a 16gb iPad. You asked, in an ios music production forum, to a group of people who use iOS extensively, and everyone answered that for music it is not a good idea. For pdf's you'll be fine. I know that I thought I was only going to sketch out things on the iPad. I now use it literally in every facet of my musical and non musical life, and hardly use my macbook at all now (6 year old black macbook). And the apps are getting better and bigger. I remember when I bought a 4gb hard drive and though, "I'll NEVER fill this up!" But, if all you're going to do is read books and use nano studio, you'll be well served for now. Oh, and syncing nano studio between an iPad and iPod can be done by emailing the nsp file to yourself.
thanks, that's helpful...it will take a conscious effort to keep on top of housekeeping, but it's worth doing for the money saved...it's just the wrong time for me -guns on it...

next year, we'll see
I hear you on that, I do not buy anything I don't have cash for, so I'll deal with my 16gb for now. I got my iPad 2 because my wife, who is a speech therapist, needed more space for speech apps, so she got a 32gb iPad 3 (was current then) and I inherited the iPad 2. I will be getting a 64gb iPad 4 (or hopefully 5, maybe 128gb, we'll see) in the relatively near future, but only when the cash is ready. Then my kids will have a 16gb iPad 2...
yeah, i'm normally not so cautious, bu i'm currently at a time in my life where i really need to be

There's never a good time to buy things on credit. I learned that the hard way and am still fixing my mess. So, I'll be "inconvenienced" with my 16gb iPad for now so I'm not very inconvenienced with a bill plus interest later. App binges, that's a whole different issue!!

It's not so much about apps with large sample sets. It's more about what and how much you record and produce.
You could have 3 apps. Audiobus, a small instrument app, and something to record audio in to. And you'd fill up you iPad as much as anyone.

It seems you're set and locked to that 16GB anyway. So I see no point in trying very hard to convince you to go for more space.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

A book is what? 1 MB normally, 3 MB max? You do the math, I'll stick with saying: a lot!

BMoore wrote:It's not so much about apps with large sample sets. It's more about what and how much you record and produce.
You could have 3 apps. Audiobus, a small instrument app, and something to record audio in to. And you'd fill up you iPad as much as anyone.

It seems you're set and locked to that 16GB anyway. So I see no point in trying very hard to convince you to go for more space.
of course it depends on how much audio i record, but with this thread i was more interested in finding out if someone would be using it in a similar manner as i intended...if i could find someone who had the same kind of apps as well as minimal other stuff, i could get an idea of how much space would be left...from there i could make calculations based on megabytes per minute for audio

10mb per minute of 16-bit stereo audio...

whyterabbyt's reply hit the spot very early on, as i think i would have similar apps

i did mention elsewhere in the thread that i have 6.5 terabytes of hard disk space hooked up to my macbook pro, so there really is no need for anyone to convince me of the benefits of space :)

if i were buying new (or refurbed) i would swallow the outrageous markup for the extra 16 gig, but as it is (at the price i have been offered) that price difference is doubled i.e it would cost me 200 euros for an extra 16 gig

anyways, haven't returned to this thread for a while 'cause i wanted to wait till i had some experience of my own...still not quite there yet, though i did buy it...just waiting for it to arrive via international post...should be here any day now

will update when i have given it a good run around the block

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”