iOS 7 App compatibility/incompatibly thread

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You know what HAS transport controls?
Audiobus enabled apps.

Yes. Cubase too.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Also, my Ford Focus, which, like Cubase, does not run on ios7..,,

So far there are lots of warnings against iOS7 but no real user complaints. Seems like AB works fine and that is enough to upgrade for me. So all iOS7 users: You have no problems at all with any of your music apps and AB?

I have no problems at all, SO FAR, and with the apps I've tested. YMMV.
I read that GarageBand has issues with AB and iOS 7.02 (which I haven't installed yet)

saving patches doesn't work. When trying save as, you can't type in a name. The dev has been around in a while so I'm kind of skeptical about an update.
St3rling wrote:Yup, Jasuto Pro works on iOS7; only had a chance to try a few patches and it works fine, so not tested thoroughly but no issues so far.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

It is no longer possible to use Garageband with Audiobus. You can load GB as output but it is no longer possible to record any audio from others apps through AB. You cańt even use GB as a playback track. Hope it gets fixed soon.

For thoses interested, I've managed to get a hold of Chris Wolfe the author of Jasuto pro and he's gonna fix the save bug patch and some new stuff is coming.

Cheers!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Yes, I'm having problem recording sound into Garageband via audiobus. Does anyone have a workaround for this? iOS7 on iPad is really buggy :/

Seems like Audiobus is still the way to go for now.

It seems that giving app developers a chance to catch their breath and figure out how to leverage IAA is starting to pay off. Now that Auria and Garageband can act as the IAA Host, we are starting to see some good things happen. I can confirm that while using Auria or Garageband, transport controls appear when you activate the following apps in Channel Strip FX:

Yamaha Synth Arp and Drum
NLogSynth Pro
Magellan
Amplitube
Alchemy Mobile Pro works, but no transport bar and you have pre-launch Alchemy

Garageband makes it ridiculously easy by treating Inter-App Audio Apps in the Instruments tab. Just touch the icon and you see the thumbnails for all compatible instrument apps and on a separate tab, all compatible effects apps.

Unfortunately, not all IAA apps are created equal, so you need to read the fine print to understand what each developer means when they say their app is IAA compatible. For example, Akai iMPC can be an IAA Host, but only when you use the sampler. Amplitube can be an effects node, but you can't stream content from Amplitube Studio or Drummer to another app while using IAA.

Garageband in Audiobus is now sorted out with IOS 7.0.3 . Hooray

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”