Akai Synthstation 49 crashing

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---I bought this off of a friend of mine today and it seems to work okay with Sampletank but when I switch apps like to Nave it crashes...I'm using an iPad 2...Any ideas?

---Nobody?

The obvious first trouble shooting idea is to make sure "background audio" is on in Sampletank. Otherwise I know nothing about how Synthstation interacts with core audio/midi.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

martygras wrote:The obvious first trouble shooting idea is to make sure "background audio" is on in Sampletank. Otherwise I know nothing about how Synthstation interacts with core audio/midi.
Thanks for your reply. I'm curious why turning the background audio on would make a difference, I'm asking because I really just don't know.

I'm confused what you mean by "it crashes". You seem to imply the Synthstation 49 is crashing. Isn't that a keyboard? Are you saying your keyboard is crashing or is one of the apps crashing?

Have you completely removed all apps from memory (removed from the task bar) and rebooted the iPad? I would actually get things working without background audio first. Once things are working, try turning background audio on. Be sure your apps are on the correct MIDI channels. If they don't match the MIDI channel of your controller, there will be no sound. Maybe you have tried all these, but this is all I can think of so far.

iPlogger wrote:I'm confused what you mean by "it crashes". You seem to imply the Synthstation 49 is crashing. Isn't that a keyboard? Are you saying your keyboard is crashing or is one of the apps crashing?

Have you completely removed all apps from memory (removed from the task bar) and rebooted the iPad? I would actually get things working without background audio first. Once things are working, try turning background audio on. Be sure your apps are on the correct MIDI channels. If they don't match the MIDI channel of your controller, there will be no sound. Maybe you have tried all these, but this is all I can think of so far.
Thanks for your reply.I did indeed do all of those things and yes as confusing as I made the post the apps are what's crashing. The Akai seems to be crashing these apps but who knows I quit using the iMini for this reason and that was using the Line 6 Midi Mobillizer2 and then the Griffin iStudio so I'm at a loss..If I strictly stay on Sampletank it seems to do okay but if I switch from it to Nave? Crash city!!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”