Nave or Thor?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have both Thor and Nave. Both are truly amazing synths, they can produce so much wide range of sounds. For featurewise, Thor doesn't have a reverb and Nave can't do voice level pan modulation. I feel Thor more "raw" sound (and analogue-way organic) while Nave's sound more "polished" kind. You won't regret either one to get, and it'll be matter of time getting both :D

Yes, to me thor is more warm/ fatten the mix /rounded sounding
And Nave is more jump out/crazy/'that sounds different' sort of sounds..
Not that there isn't a bit of overlap, but that's the feeling each gives me..

If you want to design your own sounds, Nave and Thor have more scope than Alchemy Mobile. Nave is prettier and runs better on older hardware, but Thor has some exotic oscillators and filters, which you can read about in Gordon Reid's series of tutorials "Thor Demystified": http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/ ... ng-reason/ But they all sound great. I don't think you can make a bad choice here. Buy one you like now, learn it, and if you want another one later none of them is expensive.

If you are a preset maker or heading that way then Thor is going to give you lots and lots of mileage for years to come, IF you take the time to really get to know it. Once you start diving into the Mod Bus Routing System and see what kind of crazy audio rate FM stuff you can do to the filters and oscillators you'll not regret getting it.

These are packed ReFills sadly, but both of them are 100% Thor only, just to give you an idea what Thor alone is capable of (when in the hands of a skilled sound designer).

http://tompritchardsounddesign.com/prod ... ii-refill/
http://tompritchardsounddesign.com/prod ... it-refill/

Cheers!

eXode wrote:These are packed ReFills sadly, but both of them are 100% Thor only, just to give you an idea what Thor alone is capable of (when in the hands of a skilled sound designer).
eXode, I have really enjoyed your patches for Tetra and Prophet 08; it's nice to see you on the iOS forum. I hope you will consider making your Thor patches available in a form that can be loaded directly to the iPad, without a desktop copy of Reason.

---I really like both Thor and Nave, I do wish Thor had a transpose function or at the least a function where you could tune the patch globally rather than by the individual oscillator..

Need to correct my previous comment about syncing Thor's sequencer to MIDI clock. I still haven't had success doing so with an external source, but it works fine using virtual MIDI, at least with Drum Jam, the only app I've tried so far.

Scott Murrell wrote:or at the least a function where you could tune the patch globally rather than by the individual oscillator..
Scott, on the "Tape & Sys" page are global knobs for Master Tune and Transpose. Is that sufficient or you actually want a transpose ability on a per-patch basis?

iPlogger wrote:
Scott Murrell wrote:or at the least a function where you could tune the patch globally rather than by the individual oscillator..
Scott, on the "Tape & Sys" page are global knobs for Master Tune and Transpose. Is that sufficient or you actually want a transpose ability on a per-patch basis?
That's Nave, he asked about Thor...

---Thanks for the replies, thankfully Nave employs these features already but Thor doesn't and maybe it's a things they'll add later if enough people ask for it. I might be the only person wanting it though...

Oh, Ooops. :oops: nevermind...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”