Syntheogen- Article by the developer at Musical Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So go here and read a really nice article by the developer of the latest ambitious music multitrack application for Android...
You won't regret it!

http://www.musicalandroid.com/1/post/20 ... kelly.html
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Awesome app! Works smoothly on my Galaxy S4 8) 8) 8)
Abiky Lifeman - Musician

Optimax wrote:Awesome app! Works smoothly on my Galaxy S4 8) 8) 8)
Excellent, I'm glad to hear it! Let me know if you have questions, suggestions, et cetera.

Jeremy
syntheogen.com

anthemion wrote:Excellent, I'm glad to hear it! Let me know if you have questions, suggestions, et cetera.

Jeremy
syntheogen.com
I have a question, though. Will Syntheogen have MIDI support in the future? Because, I was willing to connect my 25 key MIDI keyboard to my Galaxy S4 via a USB OTG cable but it seems that not all applications support external MIDI hardware. I know that Android has latency issues (and it's nothing compared to the iPad) but still it would be great to use this feature.

Besides that, the application has a friendly user interface and it runs great on my Galaxy S4. Awesome work. I give it a 5.0 rating 8)
Abiky Lifeman - Musician

Optimax wrote:I have a question, though. Will Syntheogen have MIDI support in the future? Because, I was willing to connect my 25 key MIDI keyboard to my Galaxy S4 via a USB OTG cable but it seems that not all applications support external MIDI hardware.
I haven't thought about it much; in fact, I don't even have one of those cables myself. My focus for Syntheogen is composition and sequencing, so I'd have to say that MIDI input is a low-priority feature. On the other hand, I imagine it's a fairly easy one.

Now, using MIDI input to record patterns would be very interesting; that's the sort of feature I would like for this app, though I doubt many of my users will have an OTG cable, much less a MIDI keyboard. That also sounds a lot more difficult to implement correctly.

Anyway, I'll take a look at it, but even if it does happen, I'm afraid it will probably be awhile!

anthemion wrote:I haven't thought about it much; in fact, I don't even have one of those cables myself. My focus for Syntheogen is composition and sequencing, so I'd have to say that MIDI input is a low-priority feature. On the other hand, I imagine it's a fairly easy one.

Now, using MIDI input to record patterns would be very interesting; that's the sort of feature I would like for this app, though I doubt many of my users will have an OTG cable, much less a MIDI keyboard. That also sounds a lot more difficult to implement correctly.

Anyway, I'll take a look at it, but even if it does happen, I'm afraid it will probably be awhile!
Thanks! The Syntheogen app is still a really cool music making app for Android, even if it does not support MIDI input. :wink:
Abiky Lifeman - Musician

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”