iVCS3

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS
iVCS3

I'm not so convinced. For sound fx I can use z3ta on the iPad with its matrix. Much more flexible and fun I'd imagine.

Big pink Floyd fan. You can't emulate the vcs3 :( convincingly

Well there's also nothing like the VCS3's matrix, how you can patch anything into anything, including feebacking one element into itself. The iVCS does allow that. 8)

Just from looking at the images in the AppStore where is the matrix and why does it have what appear to be samples?

The matrix isn't shown in any of the 4 pictures on the AppStore.
It has 2 sample players, an XY pad, and lots of features that were not in the original.

Aural Chaos wrote:The matrix isn't shown in any of the 4 pictures on the AppStore.
It has 2 sample players, an XY pad, and lots of features that were not in the original.
I can see that, I just wanted to be clear it has one. Does it have different pin types as well like the original?

This has 2 types of pins, not sure how many the original has.

According to Gordon Reid there were 3 types originally:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov00/a ... rozone.htm

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:Here's little FM from the Synthi in my studio. It would be nice to hear these kinds of tones with the update! :love:

http://nedfx.com/SynthiFMTest.mp3
:lol:

Yeah, ain't gona happen. That kind of analogue audio rate modulation is _extremely_ hard to come by (not even sure anybody has made it work that smoothly except perhaps U-He) in the digital domain.

Just for kicks I did just run U-He ACE at 96kHz and did some modulations but they don't sound that smooth. There's always some "ear fatigue" and some edginess to the sound.

If these kinds of sounds are something a person needs in their production then either use samples from real analogues or get a real analogue. I suspect it might be another 5 to 10 years until we get this kind of effortless non-aliasing audio rate modulation of any kind. :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Dev just posted a video of the fixed version- vastly improved FM, much more like you'd expect.

Hope the update will come soon...

audio rate fm and feedback have been effortlessly implemented with buttery smooth authentic analog results in Vaz Modular since the late 90s- not sure what the other synths' excuses are-

Any news about the update? The video posted earlier looked promising...

Relax!
Im on the beta team, wont be much longer ;)

If I was on the beta testing team, I wouldn't be advertising it.

This thing was released with a major feature that was malfunctioning. Some users noticed it almost immediately on release. Catching that should have been done by testers, not customers.

I dont know what you are talking about
Instead of complaining on kvr i joined their team ;)
Btw. The beta i have in my hands rocks :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”