Best mobile to computer workflow you have experienced?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

Since my son was born, I can't spend much time in my home studio, but I can still work on something in my living room with my iPhone and ipad.
The last track I worked on, I composed the structure in beatmaker 2, then exported the midi and brought it into studio one in my studio when I had time on my weekends.

One think I was considering was FL studio mobile, but from what I can see, you can't bring the computer version onto the mobile app, but only vice versa, and the reviews are saying its more for making loops rather than entire tracks.

Another thing I was considering was to stick with beatmaker 2, but use only Thor so when I brought the midi into studio one 2, I could rewire to reason and use Thor, with the presets I was using in beatmaker.

To sum it up: I only have 2 days a week I can really spend with my computer DAW, the rest of the week I can use iPhone/ipad.

I'm just curious if some of you guys had mastered the process of working on the same track on your mobile device and your studio DAW.

I'm far from having 'mastered' this process but I do enjoy some of my mobile apps immensly.

iMachine integrates flawlessly from iPhone to PC.
Figure from Propellerheads is nice as well in conjunction with Reason.
I went for Nanostudio as opposed to Beatmaker. Love it! Plus it comes with a free deskop version so you could edit some more in there and then export it your DAW.

Basically every app offers the ability (either native or with a cable) to get MIDI/Audio on to your PC and into your DAW, that's why I love it so much.

And I don't even have an iPad so I'm working on a small iPhone ;)
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”