Recommend a guitar AMP emulation -too many choices

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic

Which amp sim would you recommend for iPad?

1. IK Multimedia: Amplitude Fender for iPad
No votes
2. IK Multimedia: Amplitude for iPad
15%
3. Sonoma Wire works: Guitar tone
No votes
4. Agile Partners: AmpKit
23%
5. 4pockets: StompBox
8%
6. Positive Grid LLC: JamUp XT
54%

Total votes: 13

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn! "Could you recommend me a virtual amp with good effects" I was asked by a friend. "Sure" I said but things is that I have found several candidates and admittingly don't know anything about them. I am not a guitar player. So questions is, which of the following amp simulator I should recommend and why?

1. IK Multimedia: Amplitude Fender for iPad
2. IK Multimedia: Amplitude for iPad
3. Sonoma Wire works: Guitar tone
4. Agile Partners: AmpKit
5. 4pockets: StompBox
6. Positive Grid LLC: JamUp XT

There may be others but those in the list all have audiobus, which I would recommend to all beginners no matter what apps they are searching for.
So are there any guitar players around who would like to bid on their favorite?

Cheers

Some of the effects offered in these apps are good for guitars, but most of the effects I've tried in Jam-up seem well suited for use in the effect slot of Audiobus. Effects like the delays, the reverb pedals are okay for character and all of the modulated effects work nice. Since Multitrack DAW has really good compressors on each channel I haven't tried the pedal compressors in the effect slot.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Hello
Thanks for dropping by and sharing a vote. I downloaded the free versions of Amplitude/Fender and JamUp XT and tested them with some synths. While I have no idea what a good amp sim really should sound like, I must say that the effects of JamUp XT are really stunning. No Wonder most of you vote for that. Thanks for the hint. I am going to recommend it to my friend and I have even bought the app myself and a good deal of expansions packs just to use as an effect board in audiobus.

Thanks Again.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”