Developer ideas: MIDI apps that we still need

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Sysex Librarian
Right now there's just Midi Tool Box for US$10. It works, but not smoothly. Things that need improvement:
- find and replace on the sysex hex editor
- file manager that can easily move or copy multiple files (AudioShare does this for audio files beautifully)
- file manager that can upload/download patches through email, dropbox, copy and paste

2. A better iPhone/iPod sequencer than Little Midi Machine (LMM)
I'm not knocking LMM: it's much, much better than you would expect for free. But there has to be an easier way to enter actual notes (and see what you've entered). Beatmaker 2 certainly works, but it's overkill. For iPad, we already have lots of options.

3. A MIDI equivalent of Loopy: instead of recording and looping audio, it would record and loop MIDI notes.

There are probably other things I haven't thought of, and I wouldn't expect any of these to be free.

+1 for MIDI looper
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

vladg wrote:+1 for MIDI looper
That would surely be do-able in Max depending on how many values you are wanting in your looped phrase. Just a bit outside my expertise though.

Also have a look at some Step Sequencers - Sugar Bytes Thesys will do it up to a point.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”