New Amp Suggestions for JamUp

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have any requests or suggestions for more amps (guitar or bass) that you would like to see added in JamUp...what about effects? Just putting it out there....because we DO listen. 😊
Rock On!

I'd like to see a Peavey Rock Master through an Atomic 1x12. I get great tones with this combo and wouldn't mind having it available on my iDevice.

Barber makes a wonderful stompbox called the "Tonepress".
It's a parallel compression pedal that allows a balance between the processed and unprocessed signal. Works great on acoustic guitars to maintain the attack and smooth out the overall volume nicely.

Would love to see this type of compressor added. Or just add a "mix" knob to one of the comp stomps.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Would like to see some more obscure effects like ringmodulator,guitarsynth etc.

A synth would be cool.
Rock On!

back in the 80's I had 2 tube amps that sounded great, but haven't seen either since.
The first was a Kalamazoo. Maybe 20-30 watts, 1x12" speaker and vol/tone/trem controls. Shallow cab, open back. It could easily keep up with my drum kit in that garage and sounded great.

The second was a Silvertone from the 50's. 2x12". Again, a shallow cab with open back. 2 channels. We actually ran a singer and a guitar through it at the same time, and it was cranked up all the way and still survived.

These 2 amps were borrowed by guitarist friends several times for shows.

Well, I had got this new thing called a Tom Scholz Rockman. I figured, hey, I don't need amps anymore. So I sold my amps.
(frowny face)
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Diezel VH4
Diezel Herbert
Diezel Hagen

Regarding FX, I'd say a volume pedal for sure.

unperfect circle wrote:Diezel VH4
Diezel Herbert
Diezel Hagen

Regarding FX, I'd say a volume pedal for sure.
Oh yeah, volume control. hadn't thought of that. I use an Ernie Ball Jr. before going into the IO Dock.
It could have an "auto-swell" mode with adjustable attack too.
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Mesa Mark IV or IIC+ lead channel.

Although I can't say much, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised with what Positive Grid is bringing to the table.....big announcement coming next week!!
Rock On!

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:Although I can't say much, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised with what Positive Grid is bringing to the table.....big announcement coming next week!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, be sure to check out Ola Englund's latest preset on JamUp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGfcZyn ... 8XiHatYkmQ

Tony Iommi's amps and fx

No particular amp suggestion right now, but I REALLY recommend building in ABY parallel amp routing functionality!!

You already have a mixer built in :)

Also, not sure if Audiobus can handle it, but is there a way to insert external effects in-line? This would open up all kinds of possibilities!!

Thanks for an awesome app!
I was able to do a bunch of gigs in Europe using only two iPads!

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

The octave pedal is almost unusable, sound jumps octave up and down.
I want to play on a normal guitar sound that even distantly reminds bass guitar.
Hardware octavers do this just fine. When JamUp used with other apps ( audiobus, looper ) even newer Ipad 4 start to choke. This app must be resource hungry as it is now.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”