My iPad predictions:

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My iPad predictions (ok, guesses): :D

Ipad 5 release mid October.

2014, 12" iPad, facial, head and upper body gesturing.
Use your upper body for modulation, pitch-bend, volume, expression, effects depth, etc.

2016, 16" iPad, initial velocity and pressure sensitive and voice effects recognition.

2018, 20" iPad perfect speech recognition. USB ports. :shock:

2024 60" iPad folding down to the size of a 10" iPad. :-o This will also vacuum the floor.

I wonder why Wacom (or any of their competitors) did not pick up the ball and make a Cintiq for digital music. http://www.wacom.com/us/en/creative/cintiq-22-hd-touch Ok it is rather expensive but some musicians will pay for such an instrument.

Things lately are pretty tough on my poor iPad2 and I need to get an iPad5 (what size of RAM will it have?!). iPad5 is nicer on smaller casing and I'd predict it will be lighter than iPad4 (hopefully it's as light as iPad2).

While I don't think Apple is eager to offer larger iPad since their focus is mass consumer (but not cheap ones) I really hope they'll make the iPad maxi :) There's absolutely a market for it, for prosumer use. If I can afford it then is another problem tho..

haj wrote:Things lately are pretty tough on my poor iPad2 and I need to get an iPad5 (what size of RAM will it have?!). iPad5 is nicer on smaller casing and I'd predict it will be lighter than iPad4 (hopefully it's as light as iPad2).

While I don't think Apple is eager to offer larger iPad since their focus is mass consumer (but not cheap ones) I really hope they'll make the iPad maxi :) There's absolutely a market for it, for prosumer use. If I can afford it then is another problem tho..
I've seen images of the prototype for the 12" - get ready for it - MAXiPad.

Sometimes I wonder why I never went into marketing when they make it sound so easy....

hueynym wrote:
haj wrote:Things lately are pretty tough on my poor iPad2 and I need to get an iPad5 (what size of RAM will it have?!). iPad5 is nicer on smaller casing and I'd predict it will be lighter than iPad4 (hopefully it's as light as iPad2).

I've seen images of the prototype for the 12" - get ready for it - MAXiPad.

Sometimes I wonder why I never went into marketing when they make it sound so easy....
Maxipad don't think so, already being used for a personal hygiene product!
Instant human just add coffee

Bianca hasn't had her coffee yet. :oops:

And yes, Wacom totally lost out on a kick ass market. Even the IK guys could have thought that one up.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

I think A4 size ipad would be completely enough for me :)
But this doesn't change the fact that real pads or keyboard feel much much more responsive that touchscreen so much better solution would be capacitive keys.

Kalamata Kid wrote:My iPad predictions (ok, guesses): :D

Ipad 5 release mid October.

2014, 12" iPad, facial, head and upper body gesturing.
Use your upper body for modulation, pitch-bend, volume, expression, effects depth, etc.

2016, 16" iPad, initial velocity and pressure sensitive and voice effects recognition.

2018, 20" iPad perfect speech recognition. USB ports. :shock:
I wasn't so far off. Ok this isn't an 18" iPad. :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQGAIyNbJE

I predict at noon Arizona time the iPad 5 will be announced and shortly thereafter it will be released for sale. Disregard my earlier "Ipad 5 release mid October" prediction which I never made even though it is on the OP. :hihi:

Do they have a Cyber Monday discount the on the iPads? My crystal ball is being repaired so I do not have access to it or off course I would tell you right here and now. :roll:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=394619

just in case you prefer facts rather than predictions :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”