Arturia iSEM

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Hm, was available yesterday when i checked. :o Pretty quick that it got out of stock.
Out of stock? How can a digital download be out of stock? :?:

Aural Chaos wrote:I've been running ios7 on my ipad2 since a few days after it was released, and am not seeing crashes, lags, bad battery life, or whatever. But that's only from actual personal experience of course, not a youtube video...

And to keep it ontopic, iSEM is f**king amazing- I love this synth!
Wondering if you use audiobus and what kind of experience are you having? I've been running iOS 7 on my ipad 2 as well and it's a little sketchy, not as good as before I updated to iOS 7, getting more latency, especially with guitar apps like Amplitube and jam up pro going into multitrack daw thru audiobus.

des wrote:Do they have the virtual midi working good with it? IMini has problems with it's implementation...
Yes, they did a much better job with midi than they did with Imini , you can select a specific midi channel to use.

ruczaj wrote:
ho66it wrote:
ruczaj wrote:OK, took the risk and tried it myself: it works on iOs 5.1.1. ;)
Which model iPad are you using?
iPad 3, iOS 5.1. 1.
Unfortunatelly, it works, but very often crashes - especially when I tweak patches. Sometimes I got distorted sound, always the same, no matter which patch is choosen - only restart helps.
I wouldn't buy it again.
May be time to take a chance and update your iOS , I'm running it on ios7 on an ipad 2 and it runs great. Can be a little buggy when I have both ISEM and Imini going at the same time but I'm on an ipad 2 so you shouldn't be having an issue once you update, if not ready for ios7 then iOS 6 ( unless you're running a jail broken ipad and don't want to update to an iOS that can't be jail broken )

steffe wrote:
hogo wrote:Not fair to judge a synth with an OS that's two generations old. Ipad 3 can easily handle iOS 6 or 7 which it runs great in. I'm sure you have your reasons for not updating though.
no, it is absolutely fair ! if they support iOS 5 it should work the same as under iOS 6 or 7. This is what one should expect from using it on supported hardware with supported OS.

best
I disagree, there is lots of software that will only run on later a later OS no matter what the hardware, if you're still on leopard then there's a lot of thing you can even install at all if your aren't running Lion or snow leopard. If he's running iOS 5 it's more than likely because that's the last one that can be jail broken. Yes it does say it requires iOS 5 but I'm sure if he updated he would have a different experience.
I'm running ios7 on an ipad 2 and it runs great, it should run even better on an ipad 3 on IOS 7. 8)

strizbiz wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:I've been running ios7 on my ipad2 since a few days after it was released, and am not seeing crashes, lags, bad battery life, or whatever. But that's only from actual personal experience of course, not a youtube video...

Wondering if you use audiobus and what kind of experience are you having? I've been running iOS 7 on my ipad 2 as well and it's a little sketchy, not as good as before I updated to iOS 7, getting more latency, especially with guitar apps like Amplitube and jam up pro going into multitrack daw thru audiobus.
For example, I ran iSEM through both Sugarbytes Turnado and Wow ( separately of course) in AB for quite a while, and it worked completely smoothly. Can't really speak to latency, if you mean like processing live audio, but every synth I've tried has been just as responsive (subjectively) played on a MIDI keyboard.

strizbiz wrote: If he's running iOS 5 it's more than likely because that's the last one that can be jail broken.
No, this is not cause.
strizbiz wrote: I'm running ios7 on an ipad 2 and it runs great, it should run even better on an ipad 3 on IOS 7. 8)
No, it runs even worse on iPad3. Look at apple forums and specs - iPad 3 has retina, which displays four time more pixels than iPad 2.It's heavy for CPU and ios 7 is another CPU hit.
iPad 3 is widely know to be underpowered. I was in Apple store, have to admit that iPad 2 (they still sell it as educational tablet) runs very smoothly with ios7. Even Apple staff in Apple store dissuaded me from installin ios7 on my iPad 3.

I wait update 7.1 or 7.2 which should be optimized for iPads.

Back to topic, iSem is great, yesterday I recorded some tracks into Ableton.

Aural Chaos wrote:
strizbiz wrote:

For example, I ran iSEM through both Sugarbytes Turnado and Wow ( separately of course) in AB for quite a while, and it worked completely smoothly. Can't really speak to latency, if you mean like processing live audio, but every synth I've tried has been just as responsive (subjectively) played on a MIDI keyboard.

iPad 2 running 6.1.3

Runs iSEM through Turnado using Audiobus with no issues on presets I tested (about 10 so far). Couldn't detect much latency.

Yeah, Wow, sounds amazing!

For $9.99 this is a steal.

Haven't tested midi timing or anything like that, but as a sound module, its sonic possibilities are pretty good.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

ruczaj wrote:
strizbiz wrote: If he's running iOS 5 it's more than likely because that's the last one that can be jail broken.
No, this is not cause.
strizbiz wrote: I'm running ios7 on an ipad 2 and it runs great, it should run even better on an ipad 3 on IOS 7. 8)
No, it runs even worse on iPad3. Look at apple forums and specs - iPad 3 has retina, which displays four time more pixels than iPad 2.It's heavy for CPU and ios 7 is another CPU hit.
iPad 3 is widely know to be underpowered. I was in Apple store, have to admit that iPad 2 (they still sell it as educational tablet) runs very smoothly with ios7. Even Apple staff in Apple store dissuaded me from installin ios7 on my iPad 3.

I wait update 7.1 or 7.2 which should be optimized for iPads.

Back to topic, iSem is great, yesterday I recorded some tracks into Ableton.
Wow, I didn't know that, I was thinking about upgrading to an ipad 3 or even an ipad 4, I'm not sure if I want to do either but I'm thinking an ipad 4 might work since it has a faster chip, will have to look into it.

I'd wait for iPad 5, which might be just a few weeks away. Will likely have the faster A7 chip that's in the iPhone 5s.
Even if you don't get iPad5 itself, it will probably make iPad 4 cheaper to buy too, probably even more so if you buy a 2nd hand one from an upgrader.

I hope iPad5 has a doubled RAM... that's much more important than finger print thingy for us..

The iPhone didn't get an increase in RAM, so I'm afraid it will stay the same for the iPad...but I do hope Apple will surprise us!

iPad 5 seems to have 2 gb ram:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1650647

It's necessary, some users pointed at ram problem - in some circumstances ios 7 can eat ca. 700 mb on iPad 3.

Well that extra RAM would be nice...not long to wait now until we can be sure.

ruczaj wrote:iPad 5 seems to have 2 gb ram:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1650647

It's necessary, some users pointed at ram problem - in some circumstances ios 7 can eat ca. 700 mb on iPad 3.
Spot on. The iPad is heading in a wrong direction according to my needs. The retina ambitions are eating up every added power and even on the ipad4 the benefits are marginal compared to the iPad 2 as far as music production concerns. I wish they would make a ipad mini with the new A7 processor, 1-2 gb ram and NO retina display. Now that would make a dfference.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”