iRig BlueBoard is now shipping and app is available on the App Store

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
iRig BlueBoard

iRig BlueBoard is now shipping!

The new wireless MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac

ImageImage

IK Multimedia is proud to announce that iRig BlueBoard, the groundbreaking new wireless MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac, is now available worldwide.

iRig BlueBoard is the first wireless MIDI pedalboard for iOS and Mac that uses Bluetooth technology to transmit MIDI messages, allowing you to control the functions of your favorite music-making apps on the fly. Any MIDI compatible app - such as IK's AmpliTube, VocaLive, SampleTank, iLectric Piano, iGrand Piano — or any other Core-MIDI-compatible app like Apple GarageBand, can be controlled wirelessly.

This opens up a whole new world of exciting live performance possibilities. While rocking the crowd, switch between presets, change patches, and turn effects on and off from up to 10 meters away. You can even connect pedals (not included) for further control of continuously variable parameters such as volume and wah, without being tied by cables to your mobile device. Be sure to check out some of the creative possibilities showcased on our new YouTube video.

iRig BlueBoard is small enough to fit in a laptop bag and works with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad supporting Bluetooth 4.0. It also works with any Mac that supports Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy. The iRig BlueBoard app runs in the background on your mobile device or Mac, translating Bluetooth signals into MIDI signals.

Order the iRig BlueBoard today!

Features:

•    Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (10m/32.8' range)
•    4 backlit assignable foot switches
•    2 1/4" inputs for assignable expression pedals or switches
•    Can send Bank Change, MIDI Program Changes and MIDI Control Changes
•    BlueBoard iOS app runs in background on mobile device or Mac, translating Bluetooth to MIDI
•    Runs on standard AAA batteries
•    Small enough to fit in a laptop bag

More Resources:

I have this board and it's a great little piece of gear imho.
I use it with JamUp along with an iRig PRO interface and, although there's a quite noticeable latency when switching between presets (it's Bluetooth, I honestly didn't expect it to be 100% smooth), I really like it.

Still have to try this new mobile setup with the band, but hopefully it will work fine and I will get used to the latency. Great job IK! ;)

@unperfect circle

Thank you for this!

@ IK

Now, release exactly the same controller, BUT without the bluetooth AND with midi out and you have a customer :)

Bluetooth is too slow to use with Loopy for live looping :/// :cry:

Michaelogoe wrote:@unperfect circle

Thank you for this!
you're welcome ;)

@ IK
Michaelogoe wrote:Now, release exactly the same controller, BUT without the bluetooth AND with midi out and you have a customer :)
A few days ago I wrote to IK asking the exact same thing, except for the fact that I'd like to have both bluetooth and MIDI IN/OUT, so the user can decide which one to use in a particular situation.

I'd also like the chance to run 2 Blueboards at the same time inside an app (JamUp in my case), but independently programmable so that I could use one to send program changes to switch between presets and one to send control changes to toggle effect blocks inside the preset in use.

Hope someday they'll also release an expanded version of the board with bluetooth, MIDI IN/OUT, optional external power supply (right now you can power it with batteries or through an USB port placed underneath them, but it's not so practical to use imho), 2 or more TRS inputs and more switches (8 "clickless" metal switches would be perfect imho, but also rubber pads are not that bad) fully programmable to send both PC and CC (like a Liquid Foot Jr. for example). I'd buy that without thinking twice.

UPDATE: in airplane mode with Ultra Low Latency OFF and no app running other than the Blueboard one and JamUp, the latency I previously talked about is barely noticeable. When switching between patches using the same amp model and no fx blocks is practically absent. Thought you may want to know ;)

Added to my wish list :)

George wrote:Added to my wish list :)
;) it's a great little tool imho
The only thing I still notice inside JamUp is some "pop" noises when switching between presets, but that's a JamUp issue, nothing to do with the Blueboard.

Regarding the Blueboard, you won't regret...it's so small and light that I can literally put it inside my jacket's pocket (and I really did it a couple of days ago ahaha LOL :D). Besides it's fairly priced, so if for some reason you can't live with the small bluetooth latency (phisical MIDI connection is always smoother, of course), you won't feel that bad LOL ;)

Even the way it is now - I mean without all those features I'd like to see in an hypothetical "expanded version" of the board that I talked about in my previous post - an additional footswitch to toggle between program changes and control changes using A-B-C-D pads (exactly in the same way as the RJM MasterMind works) would have made this board almost perfect for me.

Thanks unperfect circle!

I am really tempted and I guess I will make the leap of faith on this as I am going travelling soon, and FCB1010 is not a pedal I want to carry around miles and miles of travel :p

I just hope the latency will work with Loopy, as this would be my main usage for the blueboard. IK has this strange approach towards their ios hardware product design... almost as if the people making them, would not have much experience in making music/playing instruments...really weird, but hey it's cheap so I'll just shut up about my 1st world problem lol :hihi:

You're welcome! ;)
Maybe with a looper the bluetooth latency could be a little harder to handle, but for that amount of cash and amazing portability, I'd try it anyway.
At the end of the day, as far as latency goes, it's all about getting used to.
For instance I play through a Morpheus Droptune pedal which has a noticeable latency, but since our ear-hand coordination is usually easily adaptable, it's a matter of seconds getting used to it.

It's something that you need to try for yourself and luckily the Blueboard is cheap enough to pull the trigger without much of a concern (it's not like buying a Liquid Foot LOL :D)

We absolutely know about making music, as almost every single IK employee is a musician of some sort, with some that are also brilliant engineers (in multiple senses), ranging from self-taught to some highly educated at renowned music institutions. However, we also have to be skilled at balancing features and usability at an affordable price and we fully acknowledge that products can and will evolve too. Just so you know we don't make decisions blindly from neither musical nor business perspectives :)

Note that almost every video and other assets utilize not only our products but creative talent (songs written and performed by IK folks, etc) from within the great pool of talent we have here.

Hi Peter,

I just knew I was wrong :) but this was a bit of an abetment on my behalf :oops:

You should make another board (maybe PROboard) with midi out, can cost twice as much and lots of peeps will buy it :D

Oh sorry no problem, I did mean to also say that I don't disagree that we could have an amazing more complex version too for sure. Time to suggest we expand our Italian factory! I'll be right back :)

Michaelogoe wrote:You should make another board (maybe PROboard) with midi out, can cost twice as much and lots of peeps will buy it :D
+1 !!!!

Make a ProBoard with:

- Bluetooth
- MIDI IN/OUT
- 4 TRS inputs
- 8 "clickless" metal switches, fully programmable to send both PC and CC
- external power supply (in addition to the batteries)

make it cheaper than a Liquid Foot or RJM Mastermind, and you can take my money right now! :D

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”