SampleMoog mobile edition now available in SampleTank iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleMoog mobile edition now available in SampleTank iOS
New update also features iOS 7 and Inter-App Audio compatibility

We are pleased to announce a new version of SampleTank for iOS, the premium virtual instrument and sound module for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that gives mobile musicians access to the SampleMoog™ - Mobile Edition collection of instrument sounds, plus adds Inter-App Audio features that allows SampleTank run as an instrument app for Inter-App Audio compatible recording apps like GarageBand for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

To watch the SampleMoog™ Mobile Edition overview video click here

The SampleMoog™ Mobile Edition for SampleTank mobile is available as an in-app purchase and is derived from the SampleMoog™ standalone app and DAW plug-in for Mac/PC used in studios around the world. The SampleMoog™ - Mobile Edition for SampleTank includes over 100 analog synth lead, pad, bass, sequence and effect sounds from classic Moog Music® instruments including the Minimoog® Model D, Memorymoog, Polymoog, Taurus®, Source, Rogue, Prodigy, Vocoder, Minimoog Voyager®, Little Phatty® and Etherwave® Theremin. These sounds are taken from the desktop version of SampleMoog™, IK Multimedia's leading Moog® virtual instrument, and have a texture, warmth, and beauty that is considered "the anthology of Moog synths" and unrivalled in the virtual instrument world.

SampleTank 1.7 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a complete professional quality virtual instrument and sound workstation that allows musicians to use a portable keyboard/MIDI controller like iRig KEYS, or any MIDI keyboard controller with a MIDI interface like iRig MIDI or iRig PRO, to create and perform with studio quality instruments and sounds on the go. Musicians can even add more performance control with iRig BlueBoard, wireless MIDI pedalboard controller. SampleTank is both Inter-App Audio (new in iOS 7) and AudioBus compatible so it can be used as an instrument app with other compatible mobile recording and DAW applications like GarageBand, AmpliTube and VocaLive for creating music on the go, anytime and everywhere. SampleTank is compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 4G or later, and any iPad model.

To buy SampleTank for iPad click here

To buy SampleTank for iPhone and iPod Touch click here

For more details about SampleTank for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch click here

To learn more about the SampleMoog™ - Mobile Edition collection of instrument sounds click here
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

---I really like this set, I haven't had a chance to work with the sounds yet but what I've seen and heard sound really good. I still wish we could get realistic strumming as well as better guitars but we've got some good sounds to work with so I'm happy.

SampleTank 1.7 does not work on my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) and I can't install the previous version :(

In the App Store says it will work with iOS 5.1 and above. I hope IK can fix it soon.
< Bill Bruford on King Crimson: This is a band where you get to play in weird time signatures and still stay in nice hotels >

BrufordRules wrote:SampleTank 1.7 does not work on my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) and I can't install the previous version :(

In the App Store says it will work with iOS 5.1 and above. I hope IK can fix it soon.
Have you opened a support ticket? I'm not directly aware of an issue of this type but it may be something they are aware of and/or can help you fix directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BrufordRules wrote:SampleTank 1.7 does not work on my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) and I can't install the previous version :(

Have you opened a support ticket? I'm not directly aware of an issue of this type but it may be something they are aware of and/or can help you fix directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
Yes I did and I got this answer a few hours ago. So, I have to wait...

From IK support team:

'SampleTank will be seeing an update within the next couple of weeks that will re-enable compatibility with iOS 5.1.1.'
< Bill Bruford on King Crimson: This is a band where you get to play in weird time signatures and still stay in nice hotels >

BrufordRules, are you on a Mac or PC? When you sync your iPad on the PC, it places the previous app file in the Trash. If you have not emptied your trash it's possible the previous version is still in there. Look in your trash for SampleTank.ipa (the name will also include the version number). I don't know how it works on the Mac, but maybe it places the file in the trash as well.

If you find your IPA file you can go back to the previous version but it will require you to delete the current SampleTank from your iPad. As a result, if you have any saved data, saved programs, songs, they will get deleted. Here are the steps off the top of my head, so I hope they are right.

1) Close iTunes on your computer.
2) Delete SampleTank from your iPad.
3) Go on your hard drive and into the iTunes Applications folder and delete the SampleTank IPA file from there.
4) Drag and Drop the previous SampleTank IPA file from the trash and into the iTunes Applications directory.
5) Open iTunes.
6) With your iPad attached, go to the App tab in iTunes and select to Sync SampleTank.
7) Run the sync and it will place the previous version on your iPad.

If you do have saved data you want to keep, let us know. There are options to let you grab that information, back it up, and then put it back after you downgrade SampleTank.

You may be able to avoid that if you can wait - the new update is being tested and shouldn't be long. I'd say early next week is the best guess, but we'll know more once testing is complete. Thanks for your patience either way.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You may be able to avoid that if you can wait - the new update is being tested and shouldn't be long. I'd say early next week is the best guess, but we'll know more once testing is complete. Thanks for your patience either way.
OK. Thank you all for your support.

Version 1.7.1 working fine again on iOS 5.1 :D

Thanks for the quick update!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”