Anyone own a Griffen StudioConnect? $100 price drop!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Docking iOS Interface with 1/8" Stereo I/O, 1/4" Direct Input, Stereo RCA Output, 5-pin MIDI I/O, and Analog Volume Controls

Was $150.

$39.99 at Sweetwater until Dec 2

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StudioCon

Does anyone own one and care to comment?

(edit: I hope it is worth more than $40 since I couldn't resist buying it)
___ :)

Looks interesting,especially that it solves problem with charging and using midi controller in the same time. However if you use newer iPad you will need lightning to 30-pin adapter.

I use mine all the time...it is awesome. All I can say is get one...especially for that price...wow! It's a great interface...good sound. I love how I can charge and play..also, being able to run my powered monitors is a huge plus. So much you can do with this
Rock On!

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I use mine all the time...it is awesome. All I can say is get one...especially for that price...wow!
That is what I hoped to hear since I have already ordered. I assume, Mr. Buddemeyer, that you are using it with Amp apps. The price, by the way, includes Free Shipping.

The charging feature is part of why I was interested since I own an older iPad 1 that doesn't hold a charge very well. Design-wise, not as sophisticated or as well built as the new iConnects perhaps but still...

__

bftucker wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I use mine all the time...it is awesome. All I can say is get one...especially for that price...wow!
That is what I hoped to hear since I have already ordered. I assume, Mr. Buddemeyer, that you are using it with Amp apps. The price, by the way, includes Free Shipping.

The charging feature is part of why I was interested since I own an older iPad 1 that doesn't hold a charge very well. Design-wise, not as sophisticated or as well built as the new iConnects perhaps but still...

__
I think you'll be quite happy with it...I use it with all apps, but yes..it's a very capable way to connect your guitar to amp sims. Be sure to check out my video on loading custom cab impulses (IR files) with Auria and Overloud. This should work the same for Bias as well but I'm not sure how you'd old effects like distortion and such....I'm trying to figure out a way to get it to work with Ampkit and Amplitube as well. Not sure how this will run with an iPad 1....I have a 3rd gen and it works fine.
Rock On!

Great find! I have been holding out for something like this, since I picked up Cubasis on sale earlier this year. Thanks for posting the deal!!!

G

Wow! Very tempting. Is the 1/4" input stereo? I'm a keyboard player and have my synths going through my mixer, and then two 1/4" out. Can I use the two 1/4" cables or do I need to go from two 1/4" to the single 1/8" stereo plug?

I've been looking at getting some type of USB/Audio device to the iPad so I can record my hardware synths. For the price, this could work well until I get the device I really want (one with multiple stereo inputs so all of my hardware can go direct without using my mixer).

iPlogger wrote:Wow! Very tempting. Is the 1/4" input stereo? I'm a keyboard player and have my synths going through my mixer, and then two 1/4" out. Can I use the two 1/4" cables or do I need to go from two 1/4" to the single 1/8" stereo plug?
Looking at the Sweetwater picture of the back: 1/4 plug is mono and the 1/8 plug is stereo. L and R RCA outs. 5V DCA power (positive tip). Midi in/out. Headphone jack is in the front.

Mine is due to arrive by FedEx Friday.

___

Happy Thanksgiving!! Is anyone out there using the Griffin StudioConnect 30-pin version with a 30-pin to lightning adapter on their iPad 4? If so, can you provide any guidance on how it's working for you?

Thanks in advance,
G

+ $48 dollars shipping to UK... :cry: :cry:

FedEx delivered the Griffen at daybreak!

First impression: Very Good

Plastic...but the nicest kind of plastic. Heavy enough to make a nice stand. If you are accustomed to playing iPads flat this will take some practice if you want to play on glass since it was made, I think, for midi input. (Sure you can take it out of the stand...very short cord though and it won't look as good!) Quick charge on my iPad 1 while I was playing it. I haven't integrated it into my setup yet but listening through headphones it sounds good. For $40?!!

All in all, I am well-pleased.

:)

Bump!

Thanks for posting about this (and for the info everyone)! I just grabbed one, too. :-)

chilln wrote:Bump!

Thanks for posting about this (and for the info everyone)! I just grabbed one, too. :-)
I think you will like it. Right now, it is playing KvR's Polyslax through the soundcloud app, a little like a dock, except through the RCA jacks into a little stereo.

Let me know what you think after you get it.

bftucker wrote:
chilln wrote:Bump!

I think you will like it. Right now, it is playing KvR's Polyslax through the soundcloud app, a little like a dock, except through the RCA jacks into a little stereo.

Let me know what you think after you get it.
Awesome! Will do. I was looking at videos on Griffin's Youtube channel. It looks pretty versatile. I'm stoked. :-)

Photo_G wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!! Is anyone out there using the Griffin StudioConnect 30-pin version with a 30-pin to lightning adapter on their iPad 4? If so, can you provide any guidance on how it's working for you?

Thanks in advance,
G
Ok, my Studio Connect came in today and it works perfectly with the Apple brand 30-pin to Lightning adapter cable. I got the cable because it fits without removing the iPad 4 from its smart case, and so that I can use it with the 30-pin audio cable in my car too. All in all, this was a great deal! I can finally lay down tracks in Cubasis and charge the iPad at the same time...YAY!

G

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”