Z3ta for iOS announced

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aural Chaos wrote:
mooninjune wrote:This is great news. Finally, a real vsti conversion.
iMini and iSEM come to mind, though that would be a conversion of a VSTi version of an actual synth...
In terms of a poly synth with plenty of modulation too. I mean yeah there's thor but thor lacks the quality X factor imo.

I don't possess this vst but I here good things

Looking forward to this app. I've used Z3TA since it was first introduced by RGC. I do find it funny that Cakewalk is trying to market an iPad app using Flash to devices that don't support it normally (without adding other apps). Bad marketing move.
Dave

Its out:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id810393174?mt=8

19.99$

Also the official screenies from itunes, since I hadnt see ones of the mod page:

I managed to load the VST version of Z3TA+ presets into the iOS version of Z3TA+ using iFunbox. This is an awesome app and its the best buy for me since Korg Gadget.

Artmuzz wrote:I managed to load the VST version of Z3TA+ presets into the iOS version of Z3TA+ using iFunbox. This is an awesome app and its the best buy for me since Korg Gadget.
Sweet, good to hear that works, definitely going to have to pick it up now

Never used ifunbox, there a specific place to put the presets? Or is it sort of obvious once you hook your ipad up to it?

VST presets can dragged into iFunbox > User Applications > Z3TA+ > Library > Programs. It's sort of obvious once the iPad is connected to iFunbox.

I dragged the Z3TA+ classic content in there as I love the presets from that folder.

Other preset route is User Applications/Z3TA+/Application Support/z3ta/Programs

Artmuzz wrote:I managed to load the VST version of Z3TA+ presets into the iOS version of Z3TA+ using iFunbox. This is an awesome app and its the best buy for me since Korg Gadget.
I have managed to do the samer on my Mac using iExplorer ;)

It's out and it's good!

I hate IOS and all it's great synths, sequencers, guitar modeling, and sound creation apps.

Things are just too easy and affordable. Why can't we go back to expensive apps and clunky devices with tedious programming interfaces that aren't intuitive? Ahhh, the good old days....

:D 8)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Are those vst's available for download or did you have to buy the program to get them? I bought the ios version but couldn't find the vst's talked about on here..

They are talking about fxp presets available for the vst version. So any expansions you have for the vst version can also be transferred to the iOS version

How is it in terms of being a playable instrument? I'm thinking along the lines of things like animoog or geosynth, where you have some control over how it responds to gestural playing, phrasing, sliding, vibrato, etc. As opposed to being limited to playing the keys like discrete keys on a virtual keyboard only.

--Thanks for the response, I'll see if it's possible to buy the fxp's.

glittle wrote:How is it in terms of being a playable instrument? I'm thinking along the lines of things like animoog or geosynth, where you have some control over how it responds to gestural playing, phrasing, sliding, vibrato, etc. As opposed to being limited to playing the keys like discrete keys on a virtual keyboard only.

You got the regular keys, but you can switch to a host of various scales, and it'll switch the keys to blades (like in most other iOS synths). Both blades and keys are velocity sensitive (pressing higher up on the blade/key = lower velocity). You can lock it all in place so you can slide your finger(s) up and down. And unlock to move the keys/blades around (here it cuts off notes when moving, I wish they'd done it like Nave where you can move the keys while still holding notes).

And on the side there a pitch and mod wheel, or an XY pad (or nothing at all, leaving more space for keys).

So it's all quite playable, and configurable. Just a few minor things that I'd like to see is _not_ cutting off notes while moving the keys/blades. Plus something to adjust the size of the keys/blades.
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Where are the settings for the keyboard type? ( to set to blades) Also, any idea where the midi settings are at? Haven't found them and no mention in the manual.
Dave

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”