Z3ta for iOS announced

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

des wrote:Where are the settings for the keyboard type? ( to set to blades) Also, any idea where the midi settings are at? Haven't found them and no mention in the manual.

Choose a scale, and the keyboard changes to "blades".
It works like that in almost every iOS synth.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

---Just tried this out via midi over my sound system, killer!!!

Can you somehow use this to remote control a Z3TA VST plugin in your PC or Mac...?

Damn I wish it were possible :)

So what is Cakewalk's thinking here.

Let''s take technology that PC/MAC owners have been paying $99 and offer it to iPad users for 1/5th

If it is a completely different market as I see some users say it is, then why are Cakewalk spending time doing this?

Other Cakewalk plugs like Rapture still doesn't work with the latest MAC OS, you would think Cakewalk would do something to fix that then, instead of putting money they earn from PC/MAC users to fund dirt cheap iPad plugins.

BMoore wrote:
des wrote:Where are the settings for the keyboard type? ( to set to blades) Also, any idea where the midi settings are at? Haven't found them and no mention in the manual.
Hello,
Stay tuned, we are currently working on our first update to Z3TA+ iOS.
This update will include advanced MIDI functionality!!

Thanks for your support!

-Josh Langberg
PM/QA Lead DSP Team
Cakewalk, Boston

Josh Langberg wrote:
BMoore wrote:
Hello,
Stay tuned, we are currently working on our first update to Z3TA+ iOS.
This update will include advanced MIDI functionality!!

Thanks for your support!

-Josh Langberg
PM/QA Lead DSP Team
Cakewalk, Boston
Josh, thanks for the awesome news! I truly love this Synth,and I plan to use it live at our Church worship services with a Midi controller. I already tried it with my midi controller, but to really make this synth viable for live use, please program the ability to have the Preset screen remain pinned open if the user so wishes. This is so important for switching patches on the fly, specially when the song requires like maybe three different patches. I figured out so far a workaround and it works. The screen remains open, and I can select different patches, but, if I make edits to my patch, I have to forcefully save it in the User presets folder and not in the individual folders I created. Also, the ability to create user folders would be great so for example, I can have a folder named Favorites and another one LIVE SET patches, this would be so awesome to be able to do. I just bought NAVE from Waldorf and it has this ability. Can you please look into it? I hope they can work this out for live on stage users!

I am truly am amazed at the sonic power of this synth, and the ability to create lushes, warm analog sounds. Thank you so much for all your support.

Congrats on an awesome synth and may God continue to bless and prosper your company!

Musikman4Christ
Peace,

Musikman
---------------
I will Praise the Lord all my Life !!

Can you do the preset transfer with a pc?

You can connect to your PC and use iFunBox, which interfaces with iTunes so that you can see the folder structure on your iPad on the left - and just manually copy over whatever .fxp and .fxb data you want - as others here, and elsewhere, have stated.

Just find the relevant /Apps or /Apps/Documents for the Z3ta 'branches' and copy the banks/presets desired.

In addition to the ones I've created in User Content on my PC in Z3ta+ and Z3ta2, I have copied over the following banks, manually, using iFunBox/iTunes on my PC:

v13 default
v14 default
z3ta+ classic content
Muz3um
Muz3um (Original or 'Classic Content' - not sure)

All the above works fine!

Is there a way to say save a patch with the Mod wheel set half ways? No matter where I place my mod wheel, if I like say how the patch sounds right there, when I save it, the mod wheel setting doesnt get saved. Any ideas?
Peace,

Musikman
---------------

Musikman4christ wrote:Is there a way to say save a patch with the Mod wheel set half ways? No matter where I place my mod wheel, if I like say how the patch sounds right there, when I save it, the mod wheel setting doesnt get saved. Any ideas?
Hello,
Definitely appreciate your enthusiasm! We are doing our best to field feature requests into our schedule. Cant make any promises, but I do like your ideas!

As for saving the Mod Wheel setting, the keyboard settings are not part of the preset.
The workaround is to look at your mod matrix, and locate the Mod Wheel Control.
View the destination of the Mod Wheel control, and you can approximate the same settings by adjusting the control without the Mod wheel, and then save it, Mod1, Mod2, Mod3 etc.

Thanks for your support!
Have a good one!
-Joshua Langberg
Product Manager, DSP Team
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Awesome! Thanks Josh!
Will try the matrix advice. I finally use the iPad at church using the Z3TA+ and the workaround for selecting patches on the fly. It worked so beautiful!! I had all the band coming over to see what was on the screen of the Korg Triton. Well, when they saw the screen of my iPad and the Z3TA, they were so amazed how awesome the sound was coming out the mains and the monitors. I had some really awesome strings and octave strings going. THe pads where glorious! This is one amazing synth for worship. I just love the warmth and the cool analog sound coming out of my iPad. Had to disable the limiter though on a lot of my patches cause for some reason, if I left it on, it seemed to choke the sound and I would get some sort of delayed sound. But after disabling it, all was smooth.

I kind of wish I had the ability to increase the polyphony per patch, or universally. I noticed that 8 notes per patch is the max. I might not know what i'm doing, but it would be nice to increase it. I think with all the effects and stuff going on per patch the polyphony kind of runs out quick.

Thanks for all the development and I hope people get to know this synth even more now that it is on IOS.
Peace,

Musikman
---------------

Hello,
Z3TA+ iOS 1.1 is now released!

What’s New:
• For greater expressiveness, a simple yet powerful MIDI Learn mode offers multiple continuous controller assignments or multiple continuous controllers per assignment
• MIDI Learn save, load, and clear configuration functions
• Improved MIDI Channel selection (Omni as well as channels 1-16)
• Multiple MIDI input selection
• Clock Sync for tight rhythmic integration with other instruments and systems
• MIDI input indicator lights for visual feedback
• Manual localization in French, German, and Japanese
• Onboard X/Y Pad integration with more factory presets

Also the preset window will stay open until you press out of the window :)
Hope you enjoy!
-Joshua Langberg
Product Manager, DSP Team
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

You guys ROCK!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I love this update so much! I went back to the App store and gave it FIVE stars and updated my review!
The patch screen remaining open is such a huge plus for me, and for anyone planning to use this amazing Synth live on stage. It even appears that you guys optimized patch loading cause they load almost instantaneously! Could be my iPad Air, but no matter what, I am such a happy guys today!!!! Thank you Josh and again, I truly hope you guys prosper and get so blessed for making an amazing synth that will be used to make music for the creator of music--- GOD!
Peace,

Musikman
---------------

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”