---

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

gamecat666 wrote:
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo! :evil:
Yeah. i feel your pain. i finally have the money for an iPad, the iPad Air has finally gotten the weight and shape right... and they trashed it with the iOS 7 disaster. After all the crashes and the hateful GUI experience, i walked out of the store without an iPad. If Apple makes some massive changes to the new garbage GUI, i might reconsider, but we all know Apple doesn't backpedal much when it's wrong.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

gamecat666 wrote:
Thought that as well, but upgraded some time ago and have no regrets. The looks, ok, but soon got used to it.
But maybe I don't use the apps or functions that you face bugs with, and I'm just lucky (or limited :D )

Really like the namegiving of the modules, the (not so) subtile references to synth and music history they have......

Jace-BeOS wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:
Yeah. i feel your pain. i finally have the money for an iPad, the iPad Air has finally gotten the weight and shape right... and they trashed it with the iOS 7 disaster. After all the crashes and the hateful GUI experience, i walked out of the store without an iPad. If Apple makes some massive changes to the new garbage GUI, i might reconsider, but we all know Apple doesn't backpedal much when it's wrong.
I mostly like the iOS 7 gui - the only real problem I have with it is that the iTunes music app is full of bugs since the update and the interface for that is badly thought through

bronxsound wrote:the more i use it the more i like it. landscape/portrait does not bother me (however i see the point). Korg says on their website that this app will be developed further audio tracks etc stating that they are up to create a daw thing out of it eventually. when i heard rumours about ios reason i couldn't imagine the workflow and overall reason daw experience. korg has convinced me that it can be done.
Yeah, it's an awesome, very well thought out app. And generous, too; they could have included 5-6 devices then made the rest available as IAP, but they didn't; they threw the kitchen sink in there, and it's awesome! :love:

This is what I expected from Propellerheads almost two years ago, when they wound up announcing Figure, which always seemed pointless to me.

Korg has definitely beaten Propellerheads to the punch.

I think Korg stole the NAMM show with this, too.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Artmuzz wrote:This looked so good I had to buy it. So far it is very good and I love the synths. Korg Gadget and Caustic 3 are now my favourite music making apps on iOS. Be great to see new Gadgets like the old Korg synths and more in there. Great stuff.

One thing I am disappointed in is it can only be used in portrait mode. I wish this worked in landscape mode too.
Same here. Stop limiting things to portrait. Great app though. Even 5 tracks or 8 with freeze on iPad 2, you can get a lot going on. Pretty well thought out at v.1 for list of gadgets and they'll just keep adding more. Sounds are very good.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

What's the format for freezing/export - mp3?
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

Can anybody here who has used caustic and gadget maybe elaborate on how both compare, especially useability-wise when editing sounds and handling the sequencer?
I'd like to have a more full featured studio on the iPad just for having fun when I am not at home or so and those two seem to be some interesting candidates. Price-wise, caustic has a of course clear advantage here...

Problem is, I am not very patient and used to my very fast workflow with mouse and keyboard on a computer and so far iPad apps mostly feel a step back to me. I've tried GarageBand (bleh), Beatmaker 2 (not that bad but lacks a dedicated drum sequencer) and DM1 (good workflow here, but kinda limited) so far.

So I'd like to have a good drum sequencer, a step sequencer would be good and a piano roll or something similar with fast note editing (and by fast I mean not switching between several modes for moving, trimming, adding or removing notes). Tiny buttons are a no-go.

Does caustic run on an iPad 2 anyway?

Thanks for any help. It is really annoying that you cannot demo iPad apps...

tbh, if you find GB 'bleh' there probably won't be an iPad app you like. I turned my nose up to GB until I tried it and the ease of use convinced me that an iPad was worthwhile.

Note that I say 'ease of use' - I still find it woefully lacking features.
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

I have both Caustic 3 and Korg Gadget on my iPad Air. Both are really good but I find the sequencer on Caustic 3 a lot more intuitive and more fun to use.

Korg Gadget may have brilliant sounding synths (Gadgets) but one thing that makes Caustic 3 better for me are the sampling capabilities where I can load or even record my own samples on Caustic's drum module and PCMsynth.

Once Korg Gadget gets sampling capabilities I can see it being Caustic 3's rival IMO.

This is a surprise and hard to resist. Unfortunately, I am still on iOS 6. I might need to update my daughter's iPad 2 to try this out. :D How do you make songs? Is it pattern-based or do you make one long song? Seems to have some good ambient features, but most examples are more upbeat so far.

stroker_ace wrote:Yeah, it's an awesome, very well thought out app. And generous, too; they could have included 5-6 devices then made the rest available as IAP, but they didn't; they threw the kitchen sink in there, and it's awesome! :love:
Their kitchen sink is missing a sampler or any way to import/playback samples.

Can individual tracks be exported?

bunnywrench wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:Yeah, it's an awesome, very well thought out app. And generous, too; they could have included 5-6 devices then made the rest available as IAP, but they didn't; they threw the kitchen sink in there, and it's awesome! :love:
Their kitchen sink is missing a sampler or any way to import/playback samples.
You're right! That's not very "kitchen sink" at all, is it?!?

I'm glad I saved the receipt!
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

gamecat666 wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Finally crap iOS 6 is dead for good :)

Not making it any easier to avoid buying an iPad Mini 2.
Meh.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”