---

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

It's a bit fiddly to arrange tracks/clips, especially when you freeze tracks.

But I managed to hammer out this ok first try.
http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats/ipad-mctestie
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

---I use a Synthstation 49 with my iPad, am I out of luck with this app since it won't rotate? :(

I really, REALLY hope they make this into a VST for all of us that still enjoy making music on the computer. It looks awesome, but I would prefer to have it on a computer.

That, and I hope they update the legacy collection's GUI.

HydrogenHuman wrote:I really, REALLY hope they make this into a VST for all of us that still enjoy making music on the computer. It looks awesome, but I would prefer to have it on a computer.
They're not mutually exclusive. You can use both platforms together. It can be a great combination to have a mobile sketchpad that you can seamlessly bring right into your desktop environment to continue fleshing things out. I recommend iConnectMIDI2+.
Last edited by bunnywrench on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

bunnywrench wrote:
HydrogenHuman wrote:I really, REALLY hope they make this into a VST for all of us that still enjoy making music on the computer. It looks awesome, but I would prefer to have it on a computer.
They're not exclusive. You can use both platforms together. It can be a great combination to have a mobile sketchpad that you can seamlessly bring right into your desktop environment to continue fleshing things out. I recommend iConnectMIDI2+.
Wow, that interface is exactly what I was looking for in order to integrate my Ipad.

Now I tempted to get it.

So what are folks doing with these tiny 5- note keyboards ?? Are you all using external keyboards or is there a way to use the onscreen keyboards with more than the octaves given ?.

Edit : being drunk and using an ipad keyboard is not conducive to edit-free posts.... :help:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So what are folks doing with these tiny 5- note keyboards ?? Are you all using external keyboards or is there a way to use the onscreen keyboards with more than the octaves given ?.

Edit : being drunk and using an ipad keyboard is not conducive to edit-free posts.... :help:
You can choose the number of keys/octaves with the scale button. But still in that tiny area.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So what are folks doing with these tiny 5- note keyboards ?? Are you all using external keyboards or is there a way to use the onscreen keyboards with more than the octaves given ?.

You can choose the number of keys/octaves with the scale button. But still in that tiny area.
well, looks like i made the right decision for the moment buying ipolysix. i think the gadgets sound great but i just cannot get with the idea of confining everything into such a tiny space...and in portrait mode....

the view as currently presented seems great when you want to concentrate on tweaking a pre-existing recording while keeping the sequence in plain view, but it is a serious omission to not be able to use the whole screen in landscape mode when playing / recording the performances in

interestingly, if ever there was a case for an intro package, with iap´s, then surely this is it. offer 2 units for free, with the other 13 coming as one package if you decide you like the setup. it´s a very expensive - relatively speaking - trial

oh well :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

for curiosity´s sake, has anyone found a screenshot online showing a to-scale representation of the keyboard with maximum amount of key-age

Hey so anyone know what synth Phoenix is modelled after? Love how the filter doesn't self oscillate but instead just accentuates the harmonics. You can get some nice settings where it sounds like it's playing a harmony.

And yeah, portrait would be good. Just the synth fullscreen, no sequencer. Hope they made the graphics in hi res so they can just easily upscale.

And in terms of amount of params per synth, I reckon they nailed it. Real quick and you won't get bogged down, but still plenty of possibilities and ability to sculpt it how you like.

Helsinki is another really nice one... <3 of pads.

systemist wrote:Hey so anyone know what synth Phoenix is modelled after? Love how the filter doesn't self oscillate but instead just accentuates the harmonics. You can get some nice settings where it sounds like it's playing a harmony.
Does look an awful lot like an oberheim poly: ob-X, etc

Hello,

I'd like to hear more about how the sequencer workflow compares to other apps. I've never really been comfortable with BeatMaker2 or NanoStudio for this reason.

In contrast, on my desktop I really like the workflow on the Ableton Live session view. I'm not expecting that with this Korg gadget app, but I really don't want to buy another iPad app that I don't use because I cannot bond with the sequencer. I also happen to really like the iKaossilator and Loopy on the iPad when it comes to workflow.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sequencer workflow is great - it's really intuitive. It works a lot better for my mind than anything else I've tried and it took very little time to get the hang of it. Adding/removing/moving notes is easy and automation is a cinch.

I like the scenes too, very similar to Live's Session view.
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

The sequencer is a joy to use on Korg Gadget. Other apps that have a similar and very good sequencer are Caustic 3 and iSequence HD. IMO those three apps have the best and most intuitive sequencers on iOS.

arp_laszlo wrote:Sequencer workflow is great - it's really intuitive. It works a lot better for my mind than anything else I've tried and it took very little time to get the hang of it. Adding/removing/moving notes is easy and automation is a cinch.

I like the scenes too, very similar to Live's Session view.
That's my thoughts too. Sequencer is easier and quicker than Beatmaker 2, Nanostudio.

It's actually intuitive. Simple, but good workflow.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”