ipad3 update to ios7 or stick to ios6

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
anyone using ipad 3 with ios7 for music? Any major issues?
I would love to get the new Korg app but its for ios7 only. This will be the perfect companion for the Volcas. Please share your experiences.

I think iOS 7 loses Jack audio connection functionality which isn't able to be fixed.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Jack is dead.
iOS 7 is great:)
:cry:

thanks, but I'm specifically asking about ios7 and ipad3?
Never really used Jack, I've read quite a few complaints about ipad3 and ios7 when it came out, just wondered if those have been addressed or I'm better of sticking to ios6

I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I have an iPad 4 and I won't upgrade to 7 in its current state. I spent too much money on this to risk screwing it up for the sake of one or two apps that require iOS7.

iOS7 lags worse than a multitasking operating system on an 8 bit CPU. Wish I had stayed on iOS6 on my iPad4.
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

JackD wrote:iOS7 lags worse than a multitasking operating system on an 8 bit CPU. Wish I had stayed on iOS6 on my iPad4.
I have not noticed this on mine

I've heard many more complaints (from actual users, not fear mongering because someone read something on the internet) about ipad3 with iOS 7 than with other models.

I really have had no issues with my iPad 2.

Aural Chaos wrote:I really have had no issues with my iPad 2.
I guess this might be because you don't have a Retina display?

Or maybe the install for iPad 2 turns off more of the eye candy like transitions etc.

So ipad2 with ios7 is ok.
ipad 3 & 4 forget about it turns out. Still hope some one with ipad 3 would comment.

sprnva wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:I really have had no issues with my iPad 2.
I guess this might be because you don't have a Retina display?

Or maybe the install for iPad 2 turns off more of the eye candy like transitions etc.
No, it still has all the eye candy. Consensus seems to be that the overhead of handling all the extra pixels for the Retina makes the difference between 2 and 3.

The main problem with iOS7 is it eats battery much more than previous versions - I have had to turn off a lot of the new background processes such as animated wallpaper and background app downloading/refreshing to enable it to last me the day. The Music player app is also very unstable now - so much that I am testing out alternatives (so far Groove seems the best but lacks some things I use a lot such as ratings). If anyone has suggestions of better music apps let me know.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”