Drum module capable of loading SF2/multilayered sounds

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

we are years beyond this...
but, why isn't ther in the market a drum module to which you can load standard sample files such as SF2, and build your own multilayered (plus multi-level of open/closed hihats), simple as that, and affodable, not superfancy models, most e-drums come with midi out, so there's no need for trigger inputs. Just that feature, there's enough already standard hardware elements to make for a decent usability, add the already super-known drum module habilities (dynamics, gain, cross-talk, etc.), and an array of effects and mixing'es that most settled brand have developed for any of a product, and a library that might be already existing to bundle, or a proprietary library from that brand, built-quality will depend on the brand's manufacturing, so will the price. But this is very needed, in a way that isn't a huge money investment for us non proffesional E-Drummers that fancy not using a computer even for cooking dinner.
I'd like to hear some comments on this, and I know there are some models capable of this, but either are High-end, or lack functionality. TYVM.

Good question. And funny that there has not been anything similar like the original Vienna editor for soundfonts. I have moved to iOS world but there are no good alternatives for drumming right now compared to pc-world.

i talk about hardware modules, if it's not understood.
It would be a great open source project, or those things they beg for money and then do. Since, besides the audio interface, that might or not be costly, the brain itself could be a fine processor and RAM running linux, which in China you get at the drugstore, and is a piece of cake (sold in bakeries) for any programmer, OS is open source and advanced, sampler software is open source and advanced, built in effects and processing are open source and advanced. It would be an interesting project, and very valuable and useful. Since there is Reactor, or however it's called the VST hardware processor, they could make a more humble one for few bucks just for sampling, and it would only take and extra pizza slice (sold in pizza shops) to make it also an effects processor, but that's just an extra, and the guys who make that could it build up and make more interesting, developed, practical audio stuff, and have something more usefull than a cellphone with 40 mp camera and quad core processor for using Facebook, or Brian Eno 2001 a space oddissey pseudo-generstive music iphone app, with current technology, hey, why not? Any nerds out there? anytime? TYVM.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”