Instrument sounds of Cubasis - acoustic drums especially

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dm touch is a IAA generator! which means that you have to record it into cubasis as an audio track. (Under routing) However you can use a different midi track to drive Dm touch. Which is the process you would have to use in Audiobus if it worked.

For IAA 'instruments' the process is much simpler. Just set up a midi track and then select the instrument as you would one of the built in voices.
Instant human just add coffee

I cannot actually find dm touch at all in Cubasis in inter app section - only Nanologue, Arturia iSem and Sampletank (two later which I've bought). But I've only been using Cubasis a couple of hours.

It doesn't show up in the instrument section.

What you need to do is create an audio track

Then press routing

Press where it says mono input, a menu should pop up with a choice of mono input stereo input audiobus or interapp audio.
Press interapp audio and you should see alesis dm touch there, and any other IAA generators you own.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for answering. I actually did what you said but what I get is the dm touch for recording audio in real time. I might be missing something here but I'd like to do a midi track controlling dm from within cubasis as in pc world with vst plugins.

Like I said before, create a midi track, set the midi out of that to dm touch.

When you press record an audio track of dm touch will be recorded.

That's as close to what you want as can be achieved. If you used audiobus for any instrument that's the process you would have to follow.

Some IAA apps bake the midi in (instruments) and some don't (generators) and some work as both.

Thanks again I'll try according to your instructions - but why can't we we have simple instructions from the app makers?

If we knew that we would be rich :)

I'll just bring this up. Has anybody managed to use df touch as mentioned in earlier conversations?

Thumbjam has a lot of beautifully rendered acoustic drum kits, as does another app by the same dev, Drumjam. Both apps have Audiobus and IAA functionality, and can be hosted in Cubasis, BM2, MultitrackStudio for iPad, and several other iOS studio environments

I am currently in the process of developing a drum app that is very close to EZDrummer software for desktop...only for iOS. I'm partnering with the Blue Mangoo (ifretless apps) and this should solve your acoustic drum needs. Here's a sample: https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/los ... strumental
Rock On!

Here's a sound demo of the studio and funk kits https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/dru ... -of-studio
Rock On!

Rock On!

Good to know and here's one future customer (and at pc-side ezdrummer user). Any idea about release date?
(I actually got the dm touch working with cubasis but it's a bit of a pain in the a**)

Hopefully this year? We are working hard on it....it's gonna kill
Rock On!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”