Not good enough IK

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know that I have made a mistake, but I think that IK Multimedia has done things wrong.
I bought Studio as an in app purchase in Amplitude Free, I then decided to upgrade to Amplitude full version and I expected that my in-app purchase came with when I upgraded. This is true for many other app from other developers and also when you buy Amplitude for PC. It did not happen.
I wrote to IK, who replied that it was two different Apps and that it was Itunes that made it non-transferable, and that I should seek reimbursement from Itunes. Itunes will not refund any payment back. I then wrote back that I think that they should make this information / warning clear when we buy an in appp purchase, or make it possible to buy the paid Amplitude as an in app purchase in Amplitude Free. As it is now, I feel that I'm wasting my money. I got a reply which in turn said that they could not do anything about, I had to take it up with Itunes. Now I understand the anger Inlays which can be found in other forums when looking at this on Google. I have spent a lot of money on Apps and PC programs from IK, and I have been a satisfied customer. Thats why I am disappointed with the way you have answered me. It's not good customer care. :(
JSL

I don't know if you're wording this correctly.

Did you "upgrade" as an in-app purchase to Amplitude (full) or did you purchase Amplitude (full) as a separate app?

If it's a separate app, then yeah... You have to contact iTunes. In that case, just explain you purchased by mistake and they should refund you.

I don't see the point in the rant, when it seems like it's your mistake (which you do admit). After all, IK did direct you on where to fix this problem.

Anyway, I stay away from their Custom Shop, In-app purchases (not just IK), App Store Purchases and Reason with its expansion for this among other reasons. It's a closed system that doesn't allow for transfers, which can be a losing situation if you end up moving on from it, and can be problematic in terms of getting support (as you're finding out).

You absolutely cannot think of iOS or Android like a PC or Mac when it comes to apps/programs and upgrades. It's a completely different ecosystem and IK is tied into an API they have no control of.

I can't say I've ever had in-app purchases transfer from one app to another unless that app makes you sign in to an account and even that might just be a dodgy memory.
Meh.

4 pockets have just released Stompbox Band, (similar to stompbox but you can run 2 instruments at same time or one through two separate effects racks) and the blurb says

"StompBox and StompBox Free Owners can quickly and easily share their In-Apps Purchases with StompBox Band, no need to buy them twice."

So if 4pockets can do it why can't IK multimedia?
Instant human just add coffee

I feel like we're always ripping on IK... lol

IK Multimedia's customer service is nothing to write home about. Good looking plugins, though! :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”