Recommend Good Sounding Headphones for 100-150$ range

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the ATH M-50x headphones :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones:

Will let everyone know if I like them :tu:
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Don't know if these get much love here, but I'm liking these:

+1 for Grado. I have had a pair of the SR125s since the mid 80's. They're 30 years old and still sound great. You can still get these for around $150.

Or you can spend $350 on a pair of Beats. :wink:

I vote for the Audio-Technica. I have been using the ATH-M50 for a long time. I tried several Sennheiser and also Shure, and always went back to the AT.

What are the best on-ear, lightweight, with-wire, wear-all-day headphones I can buy today for a video studio, with lots of voice mixed with music?

Mid detail matters.

So does lasting a few years.

They get treated carefully.

Say £100 to £150?

Your thoughts welcome.

I did a search but not much new turned up.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

i got my akg k702 for 150€
my older ones cost 350€ a few years ago
they are really really good.

Touch The Universe wrote:Just got the ATH M-50x headphones :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones:

Will let everyone know if I like them :tu:
I like 'em too. I used Sennheisers for years and was happy enough, but the ATH M50x are a step up. The vocalists I've worked with absolutely loved them.

Thanks guys

I'l pass the info on to my editor who's looking around atm

kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I use AKG K701 and I like them a lot. I had other cheaper but nice sounding head phones before but one weak point has always been the headband. The K701 are quite robust and sturdy, and they are comfortable to wear even during a long period of time.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

My advice would be GRADO SR80i. After having had many different brands of headphones, this model is without a doubt the best I have ever had.

They may not be the most comfortable headphones or the most beautiful, but their sound is breathtaking.
The Prog Machine. Chord Progressions App http://apple.co/2lwOa4a

ATN69 wrote:I use AKG K701 and I like them a lot. I had other cheaper but nice sounding head phones before but one weak point has always been the headband. The K701 are quite robust and sturdy, and they are comfortable to wear even during a long period of time.
+1 for those... super comfortable for long hours...

These days I'm using the K712

I had 2 times AKG 702 but they broke so fast.
Now i bought the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro....best headphones ever for me in terms of sound and are very comfortable to use and i got them for under 150.
Even if they are 250 Ohm (there is also a 32 Ohm and 600 Ohm version) they work close to perfect on my macbook pro and even iPhone without a headphone amp or audio interface.
I really prefer open over ear headphones.
Would buy them any day again.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”