Android 4.5 L older topic

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So finally Android 5.0 Lollipop is out and available for latest Google Nexus devices.

It supposedly reduces audio latency, enables USB audio and was there other stuff too?

Post your experiences, opinions here :)

(Edit: changed the name of the topic)
Last edited by golemus on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

if google doesn't take android seriously as a platform then why should i? google is really well, obnoxious i can't say it any other way. they just buy shit to buy it, then they do nothing with it. look at what google did with sketchup absolute shit nothing. i really don't understand this company's business dealings.

They probably know where the money is to be made, and that's not on the audio app market... 1. it's a pretty small market, 2. you wouldn't seriously produce music on a handheld device anyway and 3. people who like to do sketches with their mobile device will buy an iPad. There is just no point for Google to work on it.

chk071 wrote:They probably know where the money is to be made, and that's not on the audio app market... 1. it's a pretty small market, 2. you wouldn't seriously produce music on a handheld device anyway and 3. people who like to do sketches with their mobile device will buy an iPad. There is just no point for Google to work on it.

well there is a point. the point is why were talking about this. its true though, in terms of money musicians/apps are not on googles high priority development roadmap.

Happy to see that you found some real information what is actually is going on!
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

you wouldn't seriously produce music on a handheld device anyway
:roll:

rewind 40 years:
you wouldn't seriously produce music on an electronic synthesizer anyway
:clap: congratulations on perpetuating the perversion of art by male dominator egotism-

you DO realize that the goal and wish of early electronic music pioneers like Kraftwerk was for electronic music gear to be as easy and small as possible- to deconstruct the big manly bravado bullshit that had polluted guitar rock-

Who knows what will happen in 40 years? Fact is that i don't know anyone professionally producing music on a 7" or 10" tablet, or even a 5" phone NOW, and that's all i was talking about. Do you?

Btw, kudos to Google for working on improvements to the audio stuff, if it'll be true then.

Well it is not too hard to find more than enough music being produced with Android apps.
And there is even more made with iOS.
I drive a website called musicalandroid.com and if you want some examples go to musicalandroid.com and on the side click musical interlude and you will have more than enough examples of people doing amazing and in many cases fully produced songs.
And have in mind that this is with Android apps that many iOS users dismiss as well.

musical android wrote:Well it is not too hard to find more than enough music being produced with Android apps.
I drive a website called musicalandroid.com and if you want some examples go to musicalandroid.com and on the side click musical interlude and you will have more than enough examples of people doing amazing and in many cases fully produced songs.
And have in mind that this is with Android apps that many iOS users dismiss as well.
It's not hard to find a lot of really bad content in any work - either.

The point is not one of us does know anyone doing really professional work with these little devices. I never saw any decent producer doing it. Really i did not.

Sure internet is bloated with that loads of cra*. Especially on youtube. That could change obviously but for now i wouldn't structure any of my music creating workflows around tiny shitty little interfaces. Seems like a setting myself for a failure.

Like i said it could change but for now it's just like a gimmick and nice toy. Loads and loads of nonsense created. It looks like: here we are trying to do something new for you - it's easy to make music with it" and because of that i am seeing quite a lot of nonsense-content created. Sorry.

And fully produced song doesn't mean it's good by any means. One can kick two toilets and record them and call them fully produced but it doesn't mean anything really..

You have totally other possibilities with apps on desktop computers. Even the most advanced iOS DAW will harldy have 10% of the functionality of a desktop DAW. Additionally, you have much more processing power, don't have to fiddle with things like audiobus, you can use your external gear, and and and. If then, handheld devices will soon be capable of running normal desktop OS's, if these have been modified well enough to run touchscreen devices. Plus the audio applications have to be modified to do the same. But then, where is the real advantage for handheld devices, opposed to desktop machines, except portability, and being able to work everywhere, which in most cases isn't really relevant, because you won't have your speaker system, or other external gear with you.

kmonkey wrote:
musical android wrote:Well it is not too hard to find more than enough music being produced with Android apps.
It's not hard to find a lot of really bad content in any work - either.

The point is not one of us does know anyone doing really professional work with these little devices. I never saw any decent producer doing it. Really i did not.

Sure internet is bloated with that loads of cra*. Especially on youtube. That could change obviously but for now i wouldn't structure any of my music creating workflows around tiny shitty little interfaces. Seems like a setting myself for a failure.

Like i said it could change but for now it's just like a gimmick and nice toy. Loads and loads of nonsense created. It looks like: here we are trying to do something new for you - it's easy to make music with it" and because of that i am seeing quite a lot of nonsense-content created. Sorry.

And fully produced song doesn't mean it's good by any means. One can kick two toilets and record them and call them fully produced but it doesn't mean anything really..
So I guess you did not bother at all to listen to the tracks that I post on musicalandroid?

chk071 wrote:You have totally other possibilities with apps on desktop computers. Even the most advanced iOS DAW will harldy have 10% of the functionality of a desktop DAW. Additionally, you have much more processing power, don't have to fiddle with things like audiobus, you can use your external gear, and and and. If then, handheld devices will soon be capable of running normal desktop OS's, if these have been modified well enough to run touchscreen devices. Plus the audio applications have to be modified to do the same. But then, where is the real advantage for handheld devices, opposed to desktop machines, except portability, and being able to work everywhere, which in most cases isn't really relevant, because you won't have your speaker system, or other external gear with you.
The point was not what a person find more convenient (actually one thing that I read constantly is that people prefer to use for example SunVox or Caustic on a mobile device because they feel that it fits their workflow better and have abandoned the more "advanced" software.) BUt you said that you never heard fully produced songs made with mobile devices / apps and if you do not bother to check it out there is nothing that I can say.
I just happen to hear good well produced music more or less daily because of the website so it is funny to hear that nobody is doing it.
Personally I love to use my mobile apps as it allows for a lot of freedom and in the end it is what inspires you plus talent that counts not what software or hardware that you use.

Okay finally...
here is a the last full compilation that I made of tracks made with Android apps. I finally gave up to make these compilations as it became too much to keep track of... Some of it better produced etc but it does certainly give you a taste and shows that it is more than possible to make full productions with mobile apps and in this case with Android apps.
https://soundcloud.com/musical-android/sets/april-2014
Last edited by musical android on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kmonkey wrote:The point is not one of us does know anyone doing really professional work with these little devices
i do :shrug:

https://soundcloud.com/sinkingfeeling

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”