Akai iMPC Pro thread

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS
iMPC iMPC Pro

My biggest problem with iMPC Pro is that they left out the ability to export sequences, kits/programs to the MPC desktop programs which allowed one to create on the Ipad and then continue using those creations on the MPC Studio and Ren. That was a feature of the original iMPC but is not included in the "Pro" even though it was advertised as being one of the features. I asked Retronyms about it and they said that supporting that feature would take too much time. So basically we have an MPC product that is not compatible with any of the other MPC products. They made sure it was compatible with their app (Tabletop) but the company who hired them (Akai) products are unimportant.

What is the export sequence button for then? It places the sequence in file sharing section of iTunes. I don't use iTunes, but curious what format it is when exported. Just .wav?
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

In my book the lack of midi sync is a major fail. I dont use tabletop, nor will I even use tabletop, yes Ive tried it and thats how I know I will never use it, its not for me at all. Why do people complain about it and why arent we just overjoyed at a $12 app? If I just did everything with Impc Pro maybe Id be satisfied but I dont. I use Auria, I use Cubasis in conjunction with a lot of other IOS apps. The bottom line is "Yes", we expect a drum machine, especially one baring the Akai Impc name, to be able to sync via midi to other apps, just like a $5.99 app like FunkBox does, or a $4.99 app like DM1 does. or pretty much like every other IOS drum machine app Ive used does.
This is just basic, I mean how can you go thru all that planning and marketing and no one said " Hey, what about adding midi support so people can sync it to other Daws?"
Im thinking the conversation went more like, " hey, lets not add midi sync because we want everyone to only use it with Tabletop so we can sell in app purchases thru tabletop. just like we are blocking Audiobus."
Look, if your production workflow does not call for midi sync, and you only work in Impc Pro, great for you, but in my case, I need it to midi sync, or it gets ( and has been ) deleted from my Ipad.

No one said to be overjoyed about it. Don't understand paying for an app that works as a standalone and has IAA support, then deleting it. At the very least you could route audio through IAA and record it in another app and then use in your Auria or Cubasis. I suppose if it ever gets midi sync capabilities, you'll have it on hand, but assuming it has midi sync, buying it and deleting it, seems like a waste when it has some good musical potential as a drum sampler. I work in a lot of apps. None of them perfect.

Horses for courses
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”