--Unity Live

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

--- :o
Last edited by Scott Murrell on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When you purchase additional sounds for Unity Live you have to transfer them from Unity (should be a simple operation shouldn't it?) but I have been trying to get the new sounds transferred for three days now with no luck. I've written to support who tells me that I'm pushing the "Restore" button instead of the "transfer" button and he or she explained they aren't the same. After all of these years of reading I suddenly now know that I must not be able to so expensive sounds are sitting on Unity that I don't use after buying because you can't do squat with it w/o buying expensive editors also. All I have to do is hit the button labeled "transfer" and when I do I get error messages saying that there were no sounds to transfer not restore!
I've done everything they've asked including deleting the app and starting over, rebooting the iPad 4 etc...
Any of you use Unity Live and bought new sounds for it?

I just tried it

1st time I tried it it said nothing to transfer.

I went back to unity and bought the Piano (cheapest one)

When I went back to Unity Live and pressed the transfer button it duly transferred the Piano and the scales etc I had previously bought in Unity

Don't know if that helps or not .....
Instant human just add coffee

---Thanks for your reply, that's exactly the message I'm getting and Steve Connally ( I guess the app's developer?) says that the log shows I'm pushing the "Restore" button like I guess I can't read the difference. I'm going to try the piano and see if it's just the two banks I bought that is the problem...I appreciate your post...

As another thought, I did have both apps open at the time of successfully doing the transfer, which may or may not make a difference.

As an aside it did make a difference with Stompbox to Stompbox band.
Instant human just add coffee

I bought the piano and the banks (piano and other banks I'd purchased) transferred and I thought all was well but the other banks (at least parts of them) crash the app making it necessary to restart it.
I'm using an iPad 4 with the next to latest O.S. so something is still not right, getting a reply back from Steve Connally takes a while I guess due to time differences so the struggle continues. I will go back and leave Unity active while using Unity Live to see if this helps, you'd think it wouldn't have to be but who knows? All other apps are shut down...
Thanks once again for the reply...

---The developer just emailed me back and told me to "lose the attitude"! I bought and paid for this person's products and the only things I asked for was for them to perform as expected and if not to be treated like a customer not an imbecile who doesn't know the difference between "restore" and "transfer'. I sent the logs and everything this person asked for and I did so politely but lose the attitude?
He hasn't seen attitude yet!
If you're trying to get people to pay you money you don't talk down to them and you certainly don't insult them, at least not if you want to stay in business!
Unity is a good app but you have to pay for every nitpicky part of it and Unity Live has a lot of promise but having to jump through hoops to buy things from them is not good and then when there's an obvious problem (whether it's customer or company error it's irrelevant) to be met with insults and unprofessional attitude?

I hope this is resolved because I'd like to use this but I and you can live without it!

I'm sorry that you had that experience. I hadn't considered unity before but this makes me want to try it less. It's always hard to make a judgement based on one side of the story, but if the app has problems and the developer is defensive, it's not too enticing.

I'd get a refund from Apple, dev sounds like a jackass....

---Thanks for the replies. It's disappointing that he came back at me like he did instead of just working with me to fix the problem, the app has potential to be a killer app but it's not ready for distribution yet. I told the dev. that if it's my problem just let me know how to do it correctly, I got some great advice from someone on here that at least helped me to transfer the banks, they are installed and crash the app every time so something's wrong and he (the dev.) doesn't seem inclined to admit there's a problem it's got to be my fault. If it is my fault and he explains how to remedy it I will gladly come on here and sing its praises, sadly I don't see that happening.
As for Unity, I bought it first and I guess the developer had explained how you can't do much of anything with it unless you also buy expensive (at least for me) editors etc...the total price of add-ons is $49.99.
I've contacted iTunes and they are refunding the price of one bank (that's all I submitted) but I'm going to ask for a full refund of app and additional sound banks. I honestly hate to do this because of the potential of the app but....

---Steve ( the app developer) has contacted me and was civil this time, he suggested I increase the memory size. This has helped with the crashing somewhat but it's still kind of slow responding so I am cautiously optimistic now....will keep everyone who's interested informed.

p.s.- if this turns out to work then I will definitely repay for the sounds that iTunes refunds me for..

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”