Help for newbie with rtpMIDI

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All, :help:

I am trying to use rtpMIDI to connect my iPad Air to either my desktop PC running Win 7 64-bit or my laptop running Win 8.1 and have not been able to do so in either case. I'm at a complete loss now. Heres what I've tried:

1) Installed rtpMIDI on PC and created a new session.
2) Started Arturia iMini on my iPad (I also tried midiPads Lite)
3) Nothing appears in the directory box so I checked with enumBonjour and I could see the iPad.
4) I made a note of the IP address/port and created it manually.
5) Every time I try to connect I get the same message that the iPad has not answered the connection request.

I tried the same thing with my laptop and got the same results, I just cannot connect. I have disabled the firewall on both machines just in case, but no change. Additionally I tried with an ad-hoc wirless network on Windows 8 but that didn't work either. I can 'ping' the iPad from either machine so the network connection seems sound.

Any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong? Are there any really simple instructions anywhere? I looked at the tutorial on the rtpMIDI website, but there is no information about troubleshooting problems, it is just supposed to work.

Do you have Apple Bonjour installed?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

try with static IP's where only the last number differs.

great advice, no solution cited?

maybe iMini uses OSC?

Have you checked your wireless router settings?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”