VSTs for iPad development?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folk,

I always wonder if there's any close emulator of windows for IOS or a VST adapter to host them inside IOS.. Is there any word about this? :roll:

Goes against the way iOS was designed- closed system, apps are sandboxed. Not going to happen. There are some good ports of a few VSTs though- Z3ta, SEM, much of the Sugarbytes stuff...

Yes it is a good point actually... But there're many great VSTs out there from Steinberg, Image-Line & others.

Sure, the percent of VST that will ever be ported to iOS is going to be tiny.

But in my opinion, looking at iPads as self contained, do it all devices, is just a recipe for frustration. Way more productive to just use it alongside your computer running any of those hundreds of VST- best of both worlds.

"Self contained" exactly. This is the point. iPad usage for live performance is easy & effective.
Don't know about recent windows tablets. But I believe they do require an audio interface.

if you're into Pure Data, you can build a GUI and run patches with the free MobMuPlat.
Meh.

KrisM wrote:if you're into Pure Data, you can build a GUI and run patches with the free MobMuPlat.
I will have a look at it thanks. Although what I really want to have (as well as many others) is the ability to host our fav VSTs in a small tablet.

Perhaps the new iOS will support such features :roll:

There are great synths on IOS, support the developers who are creating them extremely cheaply.
Duh

bungle wrote:There are great synths on IOS, support the developers who are creating them extremely cheaply.
Indeed, also there are coming a few great ones soon too. Looking forward especially to Zeeon.

Personally I would like to see the reverse happen.
That is to have iPad apps ported to work under Windows as VST's.

Why?
There are some really nice music creation iPad apps
Windows has more computing power so the apps can expand their features.
Under Windows you can have a much bigger screen. I love the extra real-estate!
Fourthly I have a 23" multi-touch screen that needs some touching.
See my studio
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=6718002#p6718002

I believe many musicians & sound geeks are using iOS apps, and the paid ones mostly and that's a big support to the devs indeed.. We would expect many big names and brands to be engaged making iOS apps.. NI, Steinberg & Waves to name a few.
It is either that, or some brave step from Apple to make a VST wrapper.

That wont happen, Apple hate VST, they only use AU
Duh

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”