iconnectmidi4+ audio pass-through and aggregate device in win7?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 'lightning version' iConnectMIDI4+ does come with the USB-B to lightning connection cable. This model will have 'Lightning Version' below the product name on the box. You can also reach out to your retailer to order the USB- B to lightning connection cable by itself - they are in stock.

Is it possible to route the audio from the iCM4+ into RME total mix and from there into cubase without needing the Asio4all driver!?

This would be awsome if true. :)

treebeard wrote:Is it possible to route the audio from the iCM4+ into RME total mix and from there into cubase without needing the Asio4all driver!?

This would be awsome if true. :)
Yes, one way of doing that is - you need to enable use this device for iconnect in windows recording devices properties. Unfortunately you can't control on which RME digital (software) input iconnect signal will appear this way. Usually it is the first one, so to mix separately from your daw output you have to route your daw output to other channel. Then you can define separate submix and feed iconnect signal through it (loopback) to cubase, but you should do this with caution to avoid possible feedback.

Another way is to google for some asio bridge drivers (there are a couple of them) which allow you to route you wdm stream to selected RME channel.

Wow great news thanks gjvti!!

Will try this out tonight ;D

Hi all,

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but six months down the line, I'm still struggling.

Tried everything to get my PC running an RME FF400 to integrate seamlessly with iconnectMIDI2+, with no success. Adding ASIO4ALL in the vain hope of getting it to work in tandem with RME's drivers was a disaster, and I have no intention of removing the very reason why I bought an RME card.

Desperate to promote the iconnectMIDI2+ from its current post (an expensive paperweight), I started searching again, bypassing iconnect's frankly unhelpful Youtube manual on the subject (which I have seen and analysed a thousand times over to see if I missed something). Then this thread popped up, and the following quote grabbed my attention:
gjvti wrote: Yes, one way of doing that is - you need to enable use this device for iconnect in windows recording devices properties. Unfortunately you can't control on which RME digital (software) input iconnect signal will appear this way. Usually it is the first one, so to mix separately from your daw output you have to route your daw output to other channel. Then you can define separate submix and feed iconnect signal through it (loopback) to cubase, but you should do this with caution to avoid possible feedback.

Another way is to google for some asio bridge drivers (there are a couple of them) which allow you to route you wdm stream to selected RME channel.
I’m open to trying both suggestions, particularly the second one.
Currently, I’m at work, so there’s no way right now to figure out how to use this ASIO bridge driver…

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Vo ... /index.htm

…is there anyone who can help me configure this once and for all? Believe me when I say that I have googled this subject to death, without an easy-to-follow solution.

EDIT: I have also discovered this... http://jackaudio.org/
Whichever one makes life easier, I'm game!

Thanks in advance!

I'm currently waiting for the new audio interface to be released. I was planning to use it as a general purpose audio interface for my laptop as well as a bridge to my iPad. Does this come with it's own drivers so that I don't have to deal with ASIO4ALL if I'm not trying to create an aggregate device?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Does this come with it's own drivers so that I don't have to deal with ASIO4ALL if I'm not trying to create an aggregate device?
Unknown at this time. I would think unlikely as they haven't shown any interest in developing their own drivers for other products.

But Windows 10 is around the corner and there's going to be a lot of improvements in the audio infrastructure which might benefit interfaces like this.

Woody Aki wrote:Hi all,

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but six months down the line, I'm still struggling.

Tried everything to get my PC running an RME FF400 to integrate seamlessly with iconnectMIDI2+, with no success. Adding ASIO4ALL in the vain hope of getting it to work in tandem with RME's drivers was a disaster, and I have no intention of removing the very reason why I bought an RME card.

Desperate to promote the iconnectMIDI2+ from its current post (an expensive paperweight), I started searching again, bypassing iconnect's frankly unhelpful Youtube manual on the subject (which I have seen and analysed a thousand times over to see if I missed something). Then this thread popped up, and the following quote grabbed my attention:
gjvti wrote: Yes, one way of doing that is - you need to enable use this device for iconnect in windows recording devices properties. Unfortunately you can't control on which RME digital (software) input iconnect signal will appear this way. Usually it is the first one, so to mix separately from your daw output you have to route your daw output to other channel. Then you can define separate submix and feed iconnect signal through it (loopback) to cubase, but you should do this with caution to avoid possible feedback.

I’m open to trying both suggestions, particularly the second one.
Currently, I’m at work, so there’s no way right now to figure out how to use this ASIO bridge driver…

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Vo ... /index.htm

…is there anyone who can help me configure this once and for all? Believe me when I say that I have googled this subject to death, without an easy-to-follow solution.

EDIT: I have also discovered this... http://jackaudio.org/
Whichever one makes life easier, I'm game!

Thanks in advance!
Here's what I wound up doing...I couldn't get it to work solely with the RME stuff, but rather having to go ASIO4ALL

Anyways, in Control Panel | Sound | Manage Audio Devices, for Playback, the iConnect was defaulted to enabled. I disabled this only for playback, so playback is still going through the RME stuff. For recording, I left the iConnect enabled (Use this device)

Now, when I configure ASIO4ALL in Live anyway, before, with both iConnect playback and recording enabled, it wasn't able to still use the RME for output at least. By disabling the playback, I can now see both the RME inputs and outputs and iConnect inputs are enabled.

Unfortunately, the iConnect uses up 2 incoming ADAT ports from my Babyface's ADAT interface, (in my case, 5/6) but I was just able to sequence my Sub37 (through an ADAT input going into the Babyface) from Genome as well as iProphet and iSem within the iPad while outputting audio through the Babyface outs.

Haven't yet explored upping the sample rate on the incoming iConnect audio stream or separating those two into two different audio channels which appears do-able. And, I've gotta cut out for the night. But, if you're having issues w/ iConnect and still want to use your RME drivers, looks like this might do the trick.

I just wanted to report back that my iConnectAUDIO4+ arrived and is working perfectly. It does include ASIO drivers, so no third party support is required. Yay!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

After getting home last night, I mucked around with it a bit more. I found I was able to actually set the output of the iConnect in ASIO4ALL to working as well while still having the device in Control Panel unused. Didn't have a chance to test that at all as my next project was to get it at 48K and 24-bit. Installing an updated firmware appeared to screw everything up and reset the playback device to being used as opposed to unused. I tried dialing back the bit rate and sample rate with no success - even once it was dialed back to 44/16. Finally, after setting my audio to the internal speakers, then back to ASIO4ALL, I was able to get both the RME and the iConnect to function at 44/16.

Moral of the story - a bit more time is needed to figure all this out, but indeed ASIO4ALL seems flaky as hell.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”