LPK25 on Ipad doesn't work with camera kit..why?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! I have ordered a USB connector for my IPAD 3. It's a USB host connector which I believe to be the same as the camera kit. Anyways, connecting the Akai LPK25 to it doesn't do anything. There are no lights whatsoever.

I read elsewhere that since IOS 7 the power specs have changed and that the LPK25 doesn't meet the requirements and requires external powering (hub or other controller). I thought I would have a popup telling me I needed to power my device but it isn't showing up.

Is this true? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!!

yul wrote:Hello! I have ordered a USB connector for my IPAD 3. It's a USB host connector which I believe to be the same as the camera kit. Anyways, connecting the Akai LPK25 to it doesn't do anything. There are no lights whatsoever.

I read elsewhere that since IOS 7 the power specs have changed and that the LPK25 doesn't meet the requirements and requires external powering (hub or other controller). I thought I would have a popup telling me I needed to power my device but it isn't showing up.

Is this true? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!!
maybe the problem is the unofficial usb kit. i have an lpk25, running into ipad3 via apple cck. it runs fine. playing sunrizer, right this moment :shrug:

running ios 7.0.4

OK I will look into it. Thanks!!

yul wrote:OK I will look into it. Thanks!!
take the ipad and lpk to your nearest apple store. i would be surprised if they didn't let you try it out

Which LPK25 version are you using? The original works without a powered hub, but Mk2 requires a hub.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

There is no mk2 for the LPK.

What brand is your "USB host connector"?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

It's a no name brand.. this sucks I can't believe they are capable of recognizing a 3rd party devide and blocking it?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”