Drum app that has variations and fills...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, uFXloops has actually all the three features for drum patterns, it has pattern presets, you can build your own drumkits you can use the integrated community to load community drumsets and so on. However it's only running on Android.
I know miden, you are worrying about the 'sequencer' thing, but uFXloops is more a 'live-playing' looper DAW, it's really a unique concept which might remind you of a little drum machine, but with a lot more flexibility.
Imagine you have only drum slots (looped ones, which could be separated for hihats, cymbals and drums) - and you can define individual bars for the slots - and you have some other slots for your fill-ins and breaks - then this works like a good old Yamaha keyboard with built-in drum machine and a button for the fill-in - though ways more flexible.
Of course it is work to try and define your project in uFXloops, but could also be fun.
And you can use 32th and triplets in your patterns and set up any sound for your drums. Actually you can use two different sounds (one normal and one accented sound) for each of the 16 drums/cymbals sounds, so you could use 32 sounds to define a drumset.
If you guys have a chance, please have a look at the feature video, it is very short (1:46). It shows uFXloops and a song completely made and played with uFXloops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B85GsvKCEWA

iPlogger wrote:I'm glad at least I was able to clear things up for you so you knew its capabilities. So you are looking for:
1) Contains preset patterns covering different acoustic styles
2) Pattern-based
3) Don't switch to next tapped pattern until the current pattern is complete

Nothing like that comes to mind, as you have already concluded. I can understand why Scott mentioned the Yamaha MX49, assuming it is similar to other Motif synths.

I've actually been quite shocked how most of the drum apps do not include patterns (or very few).
thx iP - yeah it was good to get a heads-up on it....and your take on what it is I (and I think Scott) am after is spot on :)

The mx49 does not have the drum arps that the motif line has though I don't think...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”