iPad Air vs iPad Air2 - Screen touch sensitivity?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings all *_*

I am going to cash in on some frequent flyer points for an iPad Air OR Air2.
- I already have an iPad2

I intend on using the Air for playing software synths apps, effects and also MIDI controllers like Lemur, TouchOSC etc.

I believe the Air2 has a different screen, ie. matte coating and anti-smudge(?) or some-such   .
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the touch sensitivity between the two Air screens :?:

Ideally I need the most sensitive screen for making small/precise movements or changes to MIDI controllers and synth app GUI's.
Also the most responsive screen with less lag when it is tapped lightly.

Thanks,
Michael.

I have an Air, and a couple guys here have the Air 2. I really can't tell the difference in touch sensitivity, at all. However, the Air 2 is closer due to the screen process, so it feels more "tactile", if that makes sense.

I have both, and haven't noticed any real difference.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

The screen seems to be the same, including touch sensitivity. The Air 2 has twice the RAM, though, so I imagine that under load it will remain more responsive.

I also upgraded from an iPad 2 to an Air 2 (using a Nexus 7, too), and I'll say that you'll be very pleasantly surprised at the current gen devices. :)

Thanks Mivo.

"The screen seems to be the same "-on which device and the same as what?
"The Air 2 has twice the RAM ", twice as much as iPad2 or Air (1) ?

Ram

Ipad 2 - 512mb

ipad air - 1GB

ipad Air 2 - 2GB 'Winner'!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”