Daw on Surface pro 3?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have any of you guys tried to have a complete daw system on the surface pro 3? if so.. what is your experience so far? what things are needed to make it better?

I think surface pro 3 should run most things but problem seems to me that most pc programs are still designed for larger screens and and keyboard/mouse control.

Surface 3 is also kind of expensive compared to a laptop of a similar spec I think but I also think that in a couple of years IF the software is made more tablet friendly so it work in progress can be shifted back and forth from desktop seamlessly then windows tablets will probably rule the world.....
Instant human just add coffee

If you look on YouTube you should find a couple of videos where someone is going through the problems of using a DAW on the Surface and how he fixed or avoided them.

garryknight wrote:If you look on YouTube you should find a couple of videos where someone is going through the problems of using a DAW on the Surface and how he fixed or avoided them.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzLl8N ... Mq5dL2NQOQ

The SP3 is just a laptop with MacBook Air specs, in tablet form. It'll run anything a Windows laptop will run, albeit with the limitations of the small screen, so a mouse might still be needed in some cases.

Otherwise, it's an awesome machine. I really like the speed, screen, and overall build quality. Not cheap, but it's pure Windows, which I quite like.

the question is - if you want to use standard music software - why a Surface Pro 3. most music software cannot be efficiently used with touch - and - at least with the standard audio outs you get noises from the touch display - magnetic interference or whatever when you touch the screen. That noise is not as bad as with other windows tablets I know, but still.
Also, the fan will kick in pretty fast if you do heavy processing.

It is a nice device, but I am not sure if it is really that useful for music fun.

best

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”