Help needed re mixing levels on iPad...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is what I am doing: I use a chart reader (unRealbook) which I link mp3 backing tracks to, plus I also use soft synths on the same ipad for playing live (Korg Module, Sampletank, iLectric and iGrand).

The problem is that as there is only the single audio output on the iPad I cannot get a good level balance. Mostly the MP3 tracks are way too loud compared to the live play parts. If I turn up the instruments noted above to hear a better mix, they all get too "hot" and start distorting. And of course the volume control in the iOS music app turns the volume down for everything, not just the backing track!

Is there any app that will allow me to get a better audio level mix within the iPad and then send this mix out via the iPad output jack?

Thanks

Audiobus?

Thanks, I will check it again, but unless I misunderstood how it works, I don't think it solves the problem as it does not have level setting.

Found something called MiMix - might be worth a look...

MiMix is great.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Thanks it does seem okay, BUT you cannot mix the iOS Ipad system music app in it...even audio bus does not see it :(

Yes you can mix with Mimix.

Buy the multi lane upgrade to Audiobus, and use the front end to install synths, apps, etc.
Middle can be effects.
Output is Mimix.

MiMix and Audiobus are the same developer.
It works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MiMix (TTr Games) and Audio bus are NOT the same developer for one, and the Developer Audiobus (which actually is Audiobus) Sebastian has advised that what I want to do is not possible in Audiobus. Your example above is NOT using the iOS system music player.

Here is an idea. Doesn't directly use the iOS Music Player, so may not be what you want. I just did a test by importing an MP3 from my iPad's Music Library into AudioShare. Then I used Audiobus and had both AudioShare and iGrand as Input and Auria as Output. From there, I could play from both apps and control their volumes using Auria. Not directly using the Music Player, but using the AudioShare app just like the MusicPlayer. You can load up several MP3s and play them back from within the app.

I did not try opening up other apps, and sound quality may degrade. When you are done, you can delete the imported MP3 from AudioShare. There are other output options to use if you do not already have Auria.

Audioshare will work too.
Forget the music player.

G

Thanks I will check out audioshare. I did see it but I didn't think it would work. Although ultimately I think the issue is going to be the cahrt reader app as it is coded to ONLY use the iOS music player for linked mp3's. I have spoke to the dev but he doesn't seem to "get" what I am after :(

Right. You probably won't be able to use Unrealbook to play the Audioshare file. You will need to hit the play button in Audioshare, then switch to Unrealbook to view the chart.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”