Has anyone been able to get a usb audio interface to work with the camera app?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ipad mini with lightening connector. apple USB camera connector cable.
Focusrite scarlet 8i6. Garageband recognizes the 8i6. when i shoot a video
with the camera app. the ipad freezes. i want to do videos with stereo sound.
Are there any other apps I could try?
thanks, Bill

Try the free 'Pickup' app from Positive Grid. I haven't used it yet, but this might fit your needs.
http://appshopper.com/photography/pickup-3

Cool so I can use the jamup sounds while I'm recording video?
I'd still like a video recording app that recognizes the audio interface.

Tried that app with a duet and ucx . Audio sounds is barely intelligible. Tried an iPad 4 and air.

Instant human just add coffee

Apparently impact doesn't work with the ipad mini.ipad i tunes app. I have ios 7.1
can't find impact, when i do a search.Doesn't find it when I hook it up to pc.
Positive grid does not seem to recognize stereo imputs.

Oh, sorry Pickup didn't seem to work. I'll have to try it out one of these days.

Impact looks like an iPhone app and iTunes defaults to showing you apps available for the iPad (when viewing from an iPad). You will need to filter the results to look for iPhone apps.

Thanks, finally got impact going. but I can't get the interface to work in stereo.
I made sure panning was correct in scarlet mix control. I turned down right channel during recording.
but everything plays back equal level on both sides. wonder if i need core audio driver.There are two ipad mappings on the focus rite site. 1 daw recording2 low latency tracking. can both be saved to hardware? or, should you just download one? In impact, it looks like a stereo file. The ipad youtube app plays back in stereo.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”