Highly unstable app - Cubasis

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been composing and suddenly every track turns to some other synth. I do know which one but uber- fck your face to realize that all you have done is... abrormal..What an app.

No single session without confusion or whatever these apps do?

Randomly chanses midi channels, Once I've setup something and suddenly something comes out. Oh boy you have a long way to go.

Is Steinberg still maintaining it? It seems like they've lost interest. I had interest in it until I found out their MIDI export was type 0 only. I don't have a modern version of Cubase to import projects with (only v4.5).

It seems software lives very short lives on mobile devices. Or maybe it's just certain companies. I became gunshy on buying mobile music apps after Akai SynthStation...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well it's had 15 updates since launch the last being in February this year so I think it's fair to say that they are maintaining it.

Further more it's incorrect to say that it only exports type 0 (ie all tracks mixed together) midi files. If you create a midi mix down of your project then this will export as individual midi tracks.

I've never experienced any of the issues that gepetto mentions either maybe he uses it in a different way to me. Certainly there can be issues when hardware is plugged in and out maybe that's what he's talking about.
Instant human just add coffee

gepetto1000 wrote:No single session without confusion or whatever these apps do?
I have the exact sane technical problem :roll:

But on a serious note: Cubasis is the best iOS DAW I used (although Nanostudio is great as well but lacks audio and a nice GUI).

It seems your problems seem to relvolve around MIDI-problems -which is something I hardly use so I wouldn't know, but Audiobus/interapp/recording/editting: it works fluently for me so I absolutely love it. Plus (like Biance mentions) the app gets updated quite frequently.

Only negative thing would be user-support from Steinberg but that's the same as with hardware and PC-software from them alike...
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”