IK announces iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor in the world

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We have posted this chart at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/il ... udmm-specs recently:

Rivals monitors that are FAR more expensive.
Missing an entire octave of the piano.

Robert Randolph wrote:
It is 55Hz - 20kHz and this is +/- ~1-1.5dB... I think you're misreading the chart a bit.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

To be more clear that nothing is "missing" here is the same for a set of monitors that cost $1,400 per pair...

There are some obvious differences:
1. Steepness of bass roll-off. iLoud goes -20dB within an octave, the others well over two and not that sharp knee.
2. Irregularities around cross-over point from midrange to tweeter. For the iLoud visible at 3.5 kHz, at the others not clear.

Still this is quite interesting! I always say you cannot judge monitors on paper. You have to hear them.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks for the info Peter. Any word on when these will be available? I'm travelling soon and it would be great to be able to have these with me. Seems like they would be great for traveling (along with a Subpac to accurately measure low frequencies).

Also, do you have any third-party reviews of these monitors? It would be nice to know some pros and cons.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
It is 55Hz - 20kHz and this is +/- ~1-1.5dB... I think you're misreading the chart a bit.
The bottom octave of a piano's fundamentals are from ~27-55hz.

I'm not misreading the chart at all.

Congrats on the product launch though, I hope they are successful. Certainly has to be better than people putting out these ridiculous headphone mixes. :tu:

Robert Randolph wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
The bottom octave of a piano's fundamentals are from ~27-55hz.

I'm not misreading the chart at all.

Congrats on the product launch though, I hope they are successful. Certainly has to be better than people putting out these ridiculous headphone mixes. :tu:
Gotcha, though this is no different than many even more expensive monitors out there, micro or not.

Thanks for the kind words, too.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”