Gadgets: Bilbao & Kamata

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

Thinking about expanding.

Bilbao: on paper and videos it sound nice and useful, I've read around about few issues though, don't wanna spend time importing my samples from dropbox only to figure I'll have to reload'em again and again.
Your experience?

Kamata: is it really cool as it looks? sounds like it can get off the chiptune grid...

I bought Bilbao along with the App a few days ago. I just tested the Sample Import via DropBox, it was rather slow, but can´t rule out my ISP (100 Mb/s my ass) or DropBox itself. However, when i saved the preset, closed project, opened another one, loaded Bilbao and the preset, all the samples were there.

The Sampler itself is great, and pretty straightforward. The engine is great, fast, pitch sounds good, and has all the sample editing you´d expect.

You got me curious about Kamata, i assumed it was another japan-chiptune gimick (the last thing i need)

Tip: Always use portrait mode when importing samples, in landscape mode you have to reopen the dialog every time for a lot of slots!

Got it and replying while it loops.
Dropbox loading times just like Patterning, Patterning loads in the "pool" and Bilbao for each cell.

Pitch is nice, two mute groups too, effects are as usual fine.
A bit fiddly to pitch in semitones, but ok.
505 sounds always nice :lol:

About Kamata, the part in the video showing how the sound reacts to drawing is sweet. Some nastyness and hugeness, there.

edit: wrong, there's the pool, the folder named User...

isn't there a way to transfer samples by usb cable ?

No you need an app to transfer them like AudioShare

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiosh ... &at=1001li
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Bilbao not acting good since the recent update, making all sorts of pops and crap on my kits.
Tried restarting ios, reloading patches, single samples.
Works fine with it's own sampleset, other instruments and projects are working fine :neutral:

Yesterday's update fixes Bilbao issue.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”