Phonem will come to iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dillinger wrote:A prediction: in a few more years there will be no IOS.

It is a closed restrictive environment full of fantasy and "we're the next big thing" that has been said for close to a decade. "IOS music" is no more than a marketing tool to sell iproducts and apps.

I respect Palm and plan on continuing supporting his developments by purchasing this as well as his Full products.
Maybe...but i think that there will maybe no OSX before that happened.
IOS and the idevices are the money maker for Apple and so they might build on this further. They don't care about a niche of hobbyists and professionals.
Their desktop products doesn't got much love in the last few years, no new macbook pro, no hybrid device etc.
Of course there is windows 10 and such but where are all the great multi-touch apps....nothing!
IOS is lightyears ago here.
Is the Phonem plug-in also optimized for multi-touch....if not....why?
I would buy a windows 10 hybrid in a heartbeat but it's a dead island for such apps.

lnikj wrote:I am a latecomer to iPhones and iPads, having owned both for less than a year.

That puts me in a a position where I haven't had to suffer what others have done - now there is audio units, interapp audio, audiobus and midi and audio over the lightning cable. I can just plug my iPad into my MBP or iMac and run synths, generators and effects with remarkably low latency.

There are some terrific things on IOS that just have no counterpart on the desktop - TC-11, Animoog, Shroom etc and other tools such as the Amazing Noises stuff that just works much better on IOS than in Max4live.

It is not an either/or but an 'as well as'. Phonem I would not have paid for on OS X but on my iPad it is like a freebie in the Corn Flakes packet.
I agree...there must be a reason why those developers doesn't port those apps to windows 10.
Fragmentation of hardware might be a big point f.e.
I mean a DAW like Logic is a million times more powerful as any iOS DAW and the workflow is much faster too but iPads and iPhones are fantastic devices to plug it into your notebook or desktop and you have the most versatile and flexible midi controller and some unique synths and other tools for a few bucks.
Once there will be a full X-code for iOS it will grow even more.
But maybe developers migrate to windows 10 if things change....who knows!
The future will tell!

Cinebient wrote:
lnikj wrote:I am a latecomer to iPhones and iPads, having owned both for less than a year.

That puts me in a a position where I haven't had to suffer what others have done - now there is audio units, interapp audio, audiobus and midi and audio over the lightning cable. I can just plug my iPad into my MBP or iMac and run synths, generators and effects with remarkably low latency.

There are some terrific things on IOS that just have no counterpart on the desktop - TC-11, Animoog, Shroom etc and other tools such as the Amazing Noises stuff that just works much better on IOS than in Max4live.

It is not an either/or but an 'as well as'. Phonem I would not have paid for on OS X but on my iPad it is like a freebie in the Corn Flakes packet.
I agree...there must be a reason why those developers doesn't port those apps to windows 10.
Fragmentation of hardware might be a big point f.e.
The biggest point may be that it sells. :shrug:

8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would prefer a touch based version from this on a thing like the Asus Transformer 3 pro.
But sadly the app store is king (even if it's crap like the searching and all these freemium shit apps).
I can't imagine to buy in a few years more expensive synth or sample library in the store.
I'm using iOS since years for music but it's still a pain and must evolve faster and better.
I like the Moog Model 15 app but it is worthless for me on a multi-touch screen when they doesn't allow multi-touch (beside the keyboard).
It focus only on one knob...like a mouse input!
The sound is indeed great....but not the greatest for my taste. My favourite patch is the Anibrasspoly....didn't like any of the other or the sounds i got myself out of it.
I don't find that layout useful on a touch screen but that is of course a personal thing.
But it offers audio input! I wish Bazille would do.

Apple sucks because Microsoft sucks because developers suck.

@Cinebient , I find myself agreeing with you once again.

On topic Phonem on iOS is great. The iOS environment is stiffiling , but the app itself is great. Great in the fact that I can now work on patches while on the road...now if I could just get someone else to drive.

I think if I bought an Asus transformer 3 pro I wouldn't have any money left for software anyway....
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:I think if I bought an Asus transformer 3 pro I wouldn't have any money left for software anyway....
Maybe, but an 12.9" iPad Pro with the additional accessories and 256 GB is not much cheaper.
If it had a thunderbolt 3 too....
Then buy Xpand2 for 1$ then you can upgrade to the Air Instruments expansion pack for just about another 80$.
Then there is so much more free stuff for those bigger OS.
That iOS is always cheaper is another illusion :wink:

waiting man wrote:Apple sucks because Microsoft sucks because developers suck.
Customers as well :D

Dillinger wrote:@Cinebient , I find myself agreeing with you once again.

On topic Phonem on iOS is great. The iOS environment is stiffiling , but the app itself is great. Great in the fact that I can now work on patches while on the road...now if I could just get someone else to drive.
I never wanted to be one of those "smombies" sitting in the restaurant but starring into their smartphones instead of talking to each other.
I never could create something in a bus or train or where are a million people.
So mobile for me is to take my notebook into another room or in the garden maybe.
I wouldn't (and never did with my iPad Air) take even an iPad outside to create music.
So a 15" notebook is as mobile as any tablet for me :wink:
A big smartphone is a "real" mobile device.
Glad that i have some of my favourites apps there like Mitosynth, Animoog....etc.
It's my biggest complain that iOS is still a smartphone OS and doesn't belong (in this limited stage) on an iPad Pro!!

Hum, very interesting. I use my phone only for phone calls.

I thought the matrix would be a pain to use but am actually pleased with its functionality on touch.

I haven't tried moving a patch from app to program, has anyone tried this? Should work right?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”