How do you keep your iPad charged?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My iPad3 loses power over USB 3 when using Lemur. Is this normal? If so, how do you work all day and keep your iPad going?

https://www.amazon.com/Griffin-StudioCo ... B007BR5PWI

MIDI in and out for your iPad
Audio in and out for your iPad
10 watt charging dock for iPad 1,2,3
Stereo headphone jack with volume control

Only $20 (list price $99) and charges the iPad as you use it! Older model has 30 pin connector but I use it with later iPads as well using a lightening adapter.
바보

Perfect, thank you!!

Just as an aside...if it sets unused for a long period, the audio occasionally seems to go bad but simply disconnecting and reconnecting the power to the studioconnect corrects the problem. Note also, that it has no port for USB to computer. See the photo of the back view on the amazon site. If you want to use it that way, a midi to USB cable or interface is required.

(I like them so much I have purchased four, keeping two for myself and giving the others away as gifts. :ud: )
바보

Wow that's a steal at $20. But sadly for this purpose I'm in the uk.
Instant human just add coffee

Not all USB ports can put out the current needed to charge the iPad. Some companies have programs that allow sending higher current in order to do this (ASUS have one called Ai Charger for example).

Once you're using USB 3 ports, you should be able to send enough power to drive it while still using it. It's just a case of figuring out how to get them to send enough current.

I can charge and use my iPad 4 while plugged into USB as it can draw just over 2 amps from the USB port.
Image Image Image Image

bftucker wrote:Note also, that it has no port for USB to computer. See the photo of the back view on the amazon site. If you want to use it that way, a midi to USB cable or interface is required.
In my experience (and especially with my PC), MIDI is a little more reliable than MIDI over USB. Do you have any MIDI connectivity issues? Thanks for the tips!

sprnva wrote:Not all USB ports can put out the current needed to charge the iPad. Some companies have programs that allow sending higher current in order to do this (ASUS have one called Ai Charger for example).

Once you're using USB 3 ports, you should be able to send enough power to drive it while still using it. It's just a case of figuring out how to get them to send enough current.

I can charge and use my iPad 4 while plugged into USB as it can draw just over 2 amps from the USB port.
Ah interesting! Have you used Ai Charger? I always avoided installing it in my builds. Probably going to stick with the dock as I prefer standard MIDI, but that's a good idea.

No, I haven't had a need for it as I can charge the iPad fine without it. Just throwing it out there as a way to "fix" charging for some boards.
Image Image Image Image

Try to keep refresh by closing the recent tabs or windows on the iPad. It can save your power little more.

I keep it plugged in.

Also, this will help (once I buy one):

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

http://store.apple.com/xc/product/MK0W2AM/A

It has a Lightning socket next to the USB socket, so you can power it AND have a USB device attached.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”