A microkey midi controller that fits into a suitcase?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a 61 key / 5 octave mini midi controller to fit into a large suitcase.

The same size and weight as the Korg Microkey but with at least 8 programmable faders / knobs and the ability to quickly send prog change messages.

Any recommendations?

N

Get the korg, and add another midi controller of your choice.

OK, can you (or anyone) recommend a tiny midi mixer with at least 8 x programmable faders (or knobs) and a numeric prog change section that lets me send ctrl messages within 2 seconds. I'm currently using this ancient Evolution MK225 which works like a dream but is a little too bulky and heavy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I successfully transported a Korg Microstation keyboard in my suitcase as checked luggage on multiple international flights. They don't make them anymore, but I'm sure you can find one used. It has five octaves of mini keys along with a pitch bend/mod stick and 4 knobs that can send CC. And of course, it has a decent workstation synth built in (based on the Korg M3/M50 engine). I would suggest pairing this keyboard with the Korg Nanokontrol and you have a nice mobile midi setup.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”