Will a DAC eliminate clicks/pops on Android HP Pro Slate 12?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So the issue is when I start an audio file on the HP Pro Slate, I get a loud pop/click as if a service is starting up. This is quite noticeable through the PA. If I play a further MP3 within 10 seconds, I get no noises. If I waith 10 seconds after a song is finished, then another click/pop is heard. Start another song and it repeats, and on and on.

This is using the headphone jack.

Now, I have been reading about DACs available for use (via the Micro USB port and an OTG connector). My question is will using a DAC via this connector, thereby bypassing the headphone jack, elliminate this noise?

Thanks

What Android version does your Slate run? I'm pretty sure most external DACs will greatly improve the sound over the internal converters (though this particular pop _may_ be something else, you'll have to try). But before ordering, make sure that your device will support the interface, as not all Android versions has the audio class compliant USB drivers.
Skrivarna Software - professional apps for musicians.
Fakebook Sheet Music Reader - the Real Book.

version is 5.1.1 which is supposed to support it. Sadly HP have 100% dropped all support for tablets, and the refuse to allow the bootloader to be unlocked so 5.1.1 is the highest any HP tablet will go to!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”